Subway

AlexMcC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WARNING:

Subway sandwiches are high in saturated fats, which are in fact physically and psychologically addictive drugs. Consuming these sandwiches is close enough to eating McDonalds, and can cause you arterial damage and obesity. By eating them you will take £'s from local Manx traders and feed them into the pockets of greedy American multinational franchises.

We have an epidemic of food-addicted obese people on this Island and throughout the British Isles who are sapping away at the resources of our health services and the situation is going to get worse unless people wake up to the dangers posed by these foodstuffs. Try going without them and eating whole fresh foods for a few months and you will actually notice that these fast foods will make you physically sick when you try them again. I kid you not.

Signed

A Doctor.

Fattist bastard!

WARNING:

Subway sandwiches are high in saturated fats, which are in fact physically and psychologically addictive drugs. Consuming these sandwiches is close enough to eating McDonalds, and can cause you arterial damage and obesity. By eating them you will take £'s from local Manx traders and feed them into the pockets of greedy American multinational franchises.

We have an epidemic of food-addicted obese people on this Island and throughout the British Isles who are sapping away at the resources of our health services and the situation is going to get worse unless people wake up to the dangers posed by these foodstuffs. Try going without them and eating whole fresh foods for a few months and you will actually notice that these fast foods will make you physically sick when you try them again. I kid you not.

Signed

A Doctor.

So if you get a subway sandwhich consisting of Bread, Butter and say turkey breast and salad, that is far more unhealthy for you than getting a nice portion of fish and chips from a local manx chippy?? <_<

WARNING:

Signed

A Doctor.

So if you get a subway sandwhich consisting of Bread, Butter and say turkey breast and salad, that is far more unhealthy for you than getting a nice portion of fish and chips from a local manx chippy?? <_<

A 'sub' maybe healthier than fish 'n chips, but nowhere near as tasty or satifying, and at least you would be supporting the local economy!

WARNING:

Signed

A Doctor.

A 'sub' maybe healthier than fish 'n chips, but nowhere near as tasty or satifying, and at least you would be supporting the local economy!

but then you are forgetting your arteries again hehehehe

WARNING:

Signed

A Doctor.

Fast food in 'unhealthy' shocker! :rolleyes:

Still - probably a lot of that is true to an extent.

The only bit I would disagree with is that comment about giving up fast food for a month then feeling physically sick when you eat it next. Stuff and nonsense - I've done that before and when you tuck into a special chow mein or some fried chicken after resisting for weeks it tastes superb!

I have pretty much turned my back on nearly all McDonalds food now though. I eventually reached the point where after eating even the breakfasts I would feel really bloaty & crap within about 10 minutes.

The sole exception is the Big Tasty, which they had stopped doing but it's back, and hard to resist!

Since the average human being will accidentally eat about a pound in weight of insects over the course of a lifetime - I always inspect anything I buy from a sandwich shop or McDonalds etc. Also, since these employers tend to treat people like s**t, and 1 in 4 people eventually supposedly suffer from mental problems, you can't tell me that somewhere - someplace today there isn't one hacked off guy putting bogies into the sarnies he's making!

Supporting local traders and buying local produce is always going to be an issue when a multinational opens a branch anywhere on the Isle of Man.

If someone would like to tell me where in Douglas I can buy a freshly made, healthy sandwich made using local produce at 4:30pm on a weekday then I will be happy to go there.

Any ideas?

Since the average human being will accidentally eat about a pound in weight of insects over the course of a lifetime - I always inspect anything I buy from a sandwich shop or McDonalds etc. Also, since these employers tend to treat people like s**t, and 1 in 4 people eventually supposedly suffer from mental problems, you can't tell me that somewhere - someplace today there isn't one hacked off guy putting bogies into the sarnies he's making!

aren't you being a little bit paranoid now hehe

Archived