Subway

AlexMcC

However, I would say that I admired her (and Robin Cook's) position on Iraq. Sadly, they are gone just as matters really unravel.

I found her position on Iraq more consistent with her general position on foreign policy than Cook's - I seem to remember eyebrows being raised regarding military equipment being sold to Indonesia during his time at the foreign office (despite his apparently pure ideals). I disagree with Short, and think she's probably being a bit opportunistic these days regarding siezing the lime light (and the moral high ground), but I would have at the time said that her position was more honourable than Cook's appeared to be.

Having said that I never really trusted him, possibly because of the beard and the mumbling.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry if you don't live in Douglas. I don't know if you have been to Subways but it isn't an 'Experience' of any sort. It is only a sandwich, it may taste nice but considering the price of their food you'd do better to save your money and make a sandwich at home. Rip-off!

I think the best overall plan is that all the Ramsey slags and all the Peel slags (and there are many!) fuck the Ramsey and Peel boy-chav brigade absolutely to fucking death - and thus breed a new variant of SUPER-CHAV that will overwhelm Douglas in a single weekend.

Obviously there are DHSS payment and housing implications, but overall, I think it's a sound plan.

Thanks for that post.

You've just made about a dozen Germans in this internet cafe wonder why I've just done a giant LOL!

:lol:

Once again all located in Douglas...what about us poor sods who have to work in Ramsey!!!

You really have two options:

1. Breed rampantly until Ramsey has enough of a population to catch the attention of big companies.

2. Declare a civil war and raid Douglas for captives who may swell Ramsey's population numbers.

The second option is probably the quickest.

Because we've forgotten how to do #1 'up North' ?

Once again all located in Douglas...what about us poor sods who have to work in Ramsey!!!

You really have two options:

1. Breed rampantly until Ramsey has enough of a population to catch the attention of big companies.

2. Declare a civil war and raid Douglas for captives who may swell Ramsey's population numbers.

The second option is probably the quickest.

Because we've forgotten how to do #1 'up North' ?

No, because even if every one in Ramsey started breeding now it would take a minimum of three years for the population total to reach that of Douglas, assuming that each couple produced one child each time and the population is roughly 50% male, 50% female. Then it would further take around thirteen years or so until the children could be seen as consumers in their own right.

Unless of course you breed asexually through cell division.

I lived in Ramsey for a short time & TBH, I found many of the pubs there generally much better than the pubs in Douglas.

It's only fairly recently that the live music scene in Douglas has caught up with Ramsey (a lot due to Earle at the Traff.)

As for nightclubs - I haven't managed to go to the 'refurbished' Nightlife, but seriously can't imagine it being any worse than any of the clubs in Douglas.

As for sandwiches, - Subway isn't anything special at all, as has been posted - just part of another 'chain' - Douglas is full of these kind of shops now, and have replaced most of the 'local' retailers with enough crap to make Douglas look like any dull town in middle England.

WARNING:

Subway sandwiches are high in saturated fats, which are in fact physically and psychologically addictive drugs. Consuming these sandwiches is close enough to eating McDonalds, and can cause you arterial damage and obesity. By eating them you will take £'s from local Manx traders and feed them into the pockets of greedy American multinational franchises.

We have an epidemic of food-addicted obese people on this Island and throughout the British Isles who are sapping away at the resources of our health services and the situation is going to get worse unless people wake up to the dangers posed by these foodstuffs. Try going without them and eating whole fresh foods for a few months and you will actually notice that these fast foods will make you physically sick when you try them again. I kid you not.

Signed

A Doctor.

Archived