Concerts/gigs

manxmaid

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my first gig on the IoM was probably Space at the Venue (although i'm not entirely sure, it's the first one i properly remember anyway)

First proper gig in the UK (after i'd been to reading festival which doesn't count) was Brendan Benson and he was supported by Five O'Clock Heroes (who were crap) and Psychid (the reason i wanted to go in the first place)

The Fall at Newcastle Uni (1992 I think)

Think my first was also The Fall. Either at Brighton Poly or Sussex Uni in 1984 or 1985.

Last band I saw was Mark Stewart + various bits of Tackhead. Maybe in Camden. Sometime in the mid 1990s.

EDIT: forgot: I went to the (lame imo) 2nd night of Lou Reed in Douglas.

Think my first was also The Fall. Either at Brighton Poly or Sussex Uni in 1984 or 1985.

Last band I saw was Mark Stewart + various bits of Tackhead. Maybe in Camden. Sometime in the mid 1990s.

EDIT: forgot: I went to the (lame imo) 2nd night of Lou Reed in Douglas.

This?

84nov03_poster.jpg

Or this?

85oct26_poster.jpg

My first gig were some metal bands in Castletown Square in 1981-ish.

First proper local gig would probably have been an early version of the Problem supporting Suicide Highlife at the Douglas.

First "professional band" The Dubliners in the Lido.

First gig across, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds @ the Ritz or the Internationale in Manchester (not sure which might even by the same Venue) in 1989.

First Festival Glastonbury in 1989.

According to the gigography, they didn't play Newcastle in 1992, they did play the S.U. in 1993 -

93may06-ticket.jpg

And the Riverside in 1991, and 1994 (I've a boot of '94)

Ah 1993, heady days (I was close with my guess). I was also at the Riverside gig in 1994. The Riverside is now a crappy cheesey dance club, which is a real shame as I saw lots of bands there. Broke a few ribs scrambling on stage at a pre-mainstream 'urban hymns' fame (the) Verve gig to retrieve a drum stick.

I might still have some of the ticket stubs in my box of stuff that I have to keep.............................

................................can't find any Fall stubs but did find a rather nice Fall pin badge that I'd forgotten about and found the drum stick.

First ever gig was Marmalade at the Lido (I was only 12 ish, I guess). First gig across was (the name has gone, the lead singer was Paul someone or other who later had a reasonably successful solo career until his voice became too strained, can visualise him, but hell even Google won't help me here !)

First festival was Nebworth in 1986.

Got it, it was the Q-Tips (cotton buds were all that I had in my head!) in 1979 at Leciester Poly SU.

Archived