The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Coming from the guy who thought "Hobo With a Shotgun" was decent.....

I thought "Blue Valentine" was a bag of shit too. Each to their own i guess...

I find Ryan Gosling almost looks retarded in everything he's in (with the exception of Fracture)

You know the phrase 'a man of excellent taste'?

THAT'S NOT YOU! *

* In all fairness each to their own of course :D

And Hobo With A Shotgun is a solid explotiation flick!

THE BEAVER

was this evening's film.

Yes I know it writes itself, MEL GIBSON PERFORMS IN JODIE FOSTER'S BEAVER!

But you know what, it's a pretty damned good film.

Mel may be as crazy as a box of old frogs, but the man can still damn well act (and direct as well, although Jodie directed this), and he carries the whole film by the sheer weight of his presence and commitment.

Ends up going to some very sad places, it's almost a companion piece for Lars And The Real Girl in some regards, but stands on its own right as well.

Recommended - 7/10

• 2 weeks later...

TANGO AND CASH was last night's 'entertainment'.

Yes the Stallone and Kurt Russell thing from 1989, which I probably haven't watched for twenty years or so, and which I remembered as being pretty good.

FUCKING LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!

It just about kept me watching to the end, but that was mostly just to stare agog at the parade of late 80s shittery.

And a young Teri Hatcher, of course.

post-18300-0-27780600-1331410525_thumb.jpg

post-18300-0-29290400-1331410535_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

Watched "In Time"

Excellent idea for a movie, let down by an utterly unconvincing Justin Timberlake in the lead role, and the movies escalation into a futuristic Bonnie and Clyde with absolutely zero chemistry

Even the excellent Cillian Murphy couldn't save the movie. Good to see Vincent Kartheiser in a more prominent role, enjoyed him in Angel.

Could have been great, WHY OH WHY CAST TIMBERLAKE!!!! Not really his fault, the guy isn't an actor and it doesn't help that he's allegedly a bit of a big jessie in real life too.

Twonky i too watched Tango and Cash on Blu Ray, and yes - it was a bag of shit compared to what i remember. Embarrassingly bad..

Edited by somewhatdamaged

I thought 'In Time' was alright TBH, Timberlake can act when the mood takes him (he's excellent in 'Alpha Dog'), and he was pretty good as the lead for In Time IMO.

The film as a whole is an impressive rabid-anti-capitalist howl of anger, and I liked it on that basis alone.

Edited by Twonky

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Grey last night. Another movie that i went in to with no great expectations apart from having Liam Neeson in it. Was actually really good. Neeson obviously steals the show but a really good survival story. It was billed as a survival horror. Not really a horror but the wolves that are hunting the suviovors of the plane crash do make a good villain!

• 1 month later...