The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Twonky, not having a go but the post before you say dont watch trailers these days as they spoil the film, and in the very next post you embed a youtube clip of a trailer. A little bit hypocritical no ?

I vetted that trailer beforehand and concluded that it was a proper 'old fashioned' trailer, that just gives a flavour, a sense of the film, without actually giving anything away.

As such I deemed it suitable for incorporation into my post :)

THE MACHINIST last night, came out back in 2004 but I've never seen it before, and wasn't really drawn to it since I'm not a big fan of Christian Bale.

However, got to hand it to the man he gives a stunning performance in this film, including physically, as he lost a massive amount of weight as part of playing his character. (His gauntness is genuinely quite shocking and really adds to the intense sense of darkness and dread that permeates the film.)

Don't want to say too much as it'd be easy to be spoilerific, and having had a look at the trailer that gives too much away.

In fact, I'd say the less you know about this film going into it the better.

Just watch it would be my recommendation! (NOTE - It's not gruesome or violent particularly, it's only a Cert 15, but it is very dark and brooding and ultimately not a feelgood film, so not one to watch if you're after some 'special cuddling' as the credits roll.)

Watched "Warrior" last night with some friends and thought it was superb. Tom Hardy (along with Michael Fassbender) is showing he is poised to become the De Niro of this generation. Powerfully acted, and yes, a little cliched, but very enjoyable stuff.

IT'S RUBBISH!

Rottentomatoes (and audiences!) would disagree Twonky. Superb movie - probably the best one i've seen so far in 2012

I would like to see Hardy get an Oscar nod, but i don't think it will happen.

Emotionally stunted American teenagers might like it, I suppose.

Edited by Twonky