The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

16 Blocks - only got it out because there was a 3 for £10 offer on at blockbuster and we needed a third title - was much better than i'd expected.

Other films were Pirates of the caribbean - not as good as the first one and Stormbreaker - okay but mostly interesting for Manx place spotting

I Heart Huckabees and was sorely disappointed. People who's opinions i can normally trust raved about this film so i went and bought the DVD in a sale. There were about 15 minutes of the film that were good scenes (and a few of the outtakes were actually very good and very funny) and the rest was toss. I figured this was one of those films that died at the box office because they didn't go as the critics didn't get it, turns out the critics got it and gave it the ratings it deserved (apart from whoever reviewed it for Total Film who said "One of the smartest, funniest movies imaginable." which is frankly absurd.)

I Heart Huckabees and was sorely disappointed. People who's opinions i can normally trust raved about this film so i went and bought the DVD in a sale. There were about 15 minutes of the film that were good scenes (and a few of the outtakes were actually very good and very funny) and the rest was toss. I figured this was one of those films that died at the box office because they didn't go as the critics didn't get it, turns out the critics got it and gave it the ratings it deserved (apart from whoever reviewed it for Total Film who said "One of the smartest, funniest movies imaginable." which is frankly absurd.)

Totally agree with you there, Ean. I thought it was crap with a capital K.

• 2 weeks later...