The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

• 2 weeks later...

have just had a mini festival, saw a new one with Hilary Swank, Freedom Writers, based on a true story about a schoolteacher and her american gangland pupils. Unusually I could find no faults or areas of improvement, it was better than I expected and almost had me in tears!! Every teacher and teenager should watch it.

then because we were at pictures, saw Hot Fuzz, a mystery police thriller filmed near my home in Wells. Full of P taking with gratuitous gore and blockbuster parodies, it was a lot of fun.

then because she had a hard week at work we saw Music and Lyrics, a bit sickly and suitable for a 12 yr old girl or hugh grant fan; even your granny would prefer a bit more grit in the plot.

The trailers for Mr Bean on holiday had me laughing, and the Marvel film character flame rider with a flaming skeletal motorbike rider looked great. I foresee TT riders with flaming meths on their backs doing wheelies along the prom. Let me know if you're game and I'll film it!

The Departed. Great movie with lots of twists. That's the second movie with Titanic Leo where I thought he was pretty good. The other being Blood Diamond. Settling down to watch Clerks 2 now.

The Departed. Great movie with lots of twists. That's the second movie with Titanic Leo where I thought he was pretty good. The other being Blood Diamond.

He was good in 'Catch Me If You Can' too. Departed is excellent.

I was disappointed by Hot Fuzz. The reviews were all positive. I liked Shaun Of The Dead. Liked Spaced.

watched The Host last nite, a quality Korean monster movie with a suprising amount comedy thrown in ( the grieving scene was hilarious but I dont' know how intentional it was supposed to be :unsure: ), well worth a watch if you're looking for something a little different.

Korean monster film? I'm in for some of that, thanks.

Lilja 4-Ever

Possibly the most depressing yet powerful film I have ever seen. If you are a subscriber to an online DVD rental service, stick on your list. This film will haunt you for a long time to come.

Edited by germann

The last films I saw were the Departed and High School Musical. I thought the Departed was the most over rated film I've ever seen, twists, what twists? Maybe I was too bored by it or had it sussed after the first long hour to notice there were any, I won't be watching it again and I'm glad it wasn't my £3.75 wasted. As for HSM, I have gay flat mates who, (un)surprisingly enough, have gay boyfriends and gay mates who fit quite nicely in to the common gay stereotype. It was awful, a crime against the senses of sight and sound. Young teenage girls and (stereotypical) gay men will love it, anyone who has any sense at all will avoid it like the plague. Unless they entertaining teenage girls.

joined the Amazon dvd rental scheme the other day and thanks to that have re-ignited by love of old Jackie Chan movies ( before he sold out and moved to Hollywood )....

Watched "Wheels on Meals" last nite, absolutely brilliant fun ( ignore the plot it doesn't really matter that much ) if you're a fan of the genre this was the period when JC and his films shone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheels_on_Meals

Armour of God for me tonite!

300... Well worth a watch ile give it 9/10 blood thirsty though.

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.

Looks amazing on the trailers....not much chance of it hitting IOM cinemas though I would imagine...wait for DVD...AGAIN!!!

hopefully broadway cinema will have the balls to bring it over, unfortunately it's released in the Uk at the same time as spiderman 3 and shrek the third ( which the palace will no doubt be showing )...read some reviews and seen the trailers, looks fantastic and very true to the graphic novel