The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

watched City of God last nite, absolutely brilliant film, all about the gangs living in and around Rio! pretty start and violent ( especially watching kids shoot other kids ), but fantastic acting ( I believe real street kids were used for some of the roles ). Based on a true story...Right up there with the best ganster movies IMHO. :)

I have to say, I was totally blown away by This Is England (IMDb) last night. I had only just moved to the UK in 1983, and it gave me a real snap shot of what was going on in that time. Beautifully written, directed and cast. Would recommend it highly.

I watched that at the weekend brilliant film, really enjoyed it.

And for anyone that hasn't seen it i'd recommend Dead mans shoes, which is done by the same director. Another excellent film.

Edited by modey

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the number 23 last night. I was not expecting this to be any good really but i enjoyed it, Jim Carey puts on a great performance a world away from his rubber mouth antics. Not the kind of film i would want to watch over and over but still worth a look imo.

• 3 weeks later...

A few films i've watchd in the last couple of days:

Shooter - brilliant action film

Evan almighty - sequle to bruce almighty, not as good as the first film and no jim carey but still a decent enough film

London to brighton - excellent british film.

Hostel 2 - very good sequel, but as gruesome as the first.

The hills have eyes 2 - didn't expect much of this but Another very good seqel.

Why is it that people flock to the internet to boast about how many crummy telesyncs they've watched? Sure, DVDScreeners aren't as commonplace as they used to be but I just can't fathom why anyone would want to ruin a potentially good film by having to peer at a dark source or cock their ear at cam audio just for some bizarre epenis++ thing.

This isn't particularly directed at modey, there are lots who do it but your 'review' of Hostel 2 just staggers me. The only source out there is a Workprint. It's unfinished. It's incomplete. It's not the final version of the movie. I just dont get why you would want to ruin it this way. Please don't give me any rubbish about it being a dvdrip or anything less than a workprint because no matter what it was labelled on Limewire or whatever torrent tracker you happen to use, it's workprint.

Edit: Love the special effects in the elevator scene.

vlcsnap5518564pl4.png

Out of all them i listed only evan almighty was a telesync, the rest were either dvdr's or original copies of the film.

I thought the copy of hostel 2 i had was very good, yes it was a workprint, how do you know that's not the final version, it looks finished to me?

Picture and sound were spot on i won't watch a poor quality copy or telesync.

Thing is your saying how people have ruin films by watching poor copies yet you've obviously wacthed the exact same copy or did you just watch the lift scene? :unsure:

I've not seen it and if I wanted to, I'll be waiting for a decent version. That screenshot isn't mine.

I was probably like you 10 years ago I guess, hoovering up every crappy scene release going and peering at badly filmed cams with cropping and AR on a CRT (this was way before home dvd authoring was economically viable), struggling to hear tinny sound and having bits missing. This was all on modem and isdn back then too so films were compressed to shit and you'd squeeze a 90 minute film into a 200mb asf.

I got out of 'the scene' a couple of years ago when one of the groups I had ties to was busted, although I was smart enough to keep in touch with a few friends for my zeroday action, and I guess I'm just disappointed that people are still prepared to trade quality for some sort of faux internet kudos points and that we don't seem to have moved on much.