Asimo – Honda’s Amazing Walking Life-like Robot

joeyconcrete

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter and I went today. Asimo is incredible!

They answered my 4 year old's questions to her liking:

Q. Why does he keep waving?

A. Because he likes you. He saw you dancing earlier on. He likes dancing too.

Q. Can he kiss?

A. No, but, you could kiss him if you like. He would probably like it - it would make him blush.

She loved it. Go and see Asimo and bring the kids. It's still at the Villa tomorrow and it's free.

My daughter and I went today. Asimo is incredible!

They answered my 4 year old's questions to her liking:

Q. Why does he keep waving?

A. Because he likes you. He saw you dancing earlier on. He likes dancing too.

Q. Can he kiss?

A. No, but, you could kiss him if you like. He would probably like it - it would make him blush.

She loved it. Go and see Asimo and bring the kids. It's still at the Villa tomorrow and it's free.

Might get along again, just so I can see the fit blonde again!!...

Wonder if what she'd say if I asked if she could kiss??....

Also went today. Took my lad who chattered away to his granny all tea time about seeing a robot!

Really enjoyed it. Though it was hard to escape from all the sci-fi images I'm so familiar with - I had to keep reminding myself this is a machine doing this - no strings, no person inside, no computer graphics.

I was really impressed about the emphaisis on science and technology - encouraging the young kids to discover and explore science - "Maybe with a little hard work you can contribute to making Asimo better when you grow up."

There was one comment that struck home - without scientists and engineers our world would be unrecognizable. That isn't a comment I hear often nowadays - true though it is. Plus people to invest in their ideas - how much has Honda put into its robotics projects over 20 or so years - quite a commitment, and still many millions to go.

I dragged my rather sulky children to the 3pm show this afternoon, and I think they ended up enjoying it just as much as I did. I thought that the presentation was really well done, and enjoyed the question and answer sessions afterwards.

Archived