Asimo – Honda’s Amazing Walking Life-like Robot

joeyconcrete

I thought this may interest some people, I spotted it but hadn't seen anything mentioned in the local press.

ASIMO – Honda’s amazing walking life-like robot – will make his Isle of Man debut during this year’s Centenary TT celebrations where the Island’s school children are set to have ‘an audience with’ the world’s most famous robot.

ASIMO, Advanced Step In Mobility, will be giving four, free of charge, daily performances at the Villa Marina, Douglas on the 29 th – 31 st May at 10am, 12.10, 3pm and 6pm.

http://www.easier.com/view/Bikes/Honda_New...cle-118724.html

131205newasimoqo7.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only found out about this when they started putting scaffolding up on Peel Beech.

ASIMO will also be making an appearance at Honda Day, at Peel on Sunday 3 rd June, with three performances. ASIMO’s first appearance is at 10:30am, followed by one at 12:30pm and 14:30pm.

It's by the kiosk on the Prom. A place which does some of the best take-away food on the Island. Sounds like win win to me :-)

I thought this may interest some people, I spotted it but hadn't seen anything mentioned in the local press.

131205newasimoqo7.jpg

You would think that she could get herself a better date than that. It's almost worth a caption competition.

I quite liked the Sony robots actually. Perhaps it is easier to achieve on the scale that Sony produced them, but they seemed more eerily human than the Honda ones.

You misunderstand, the robot's on the left. (the one on the right is probably GOMH), lol,lol...

Went to see Asimo yesterday with my two children. It was pretty good and the children enjoyed seeing it, although they are too small to realise how amazing it is, they just liked "waving at the robot" :)

Archived