Chips Cheese And Gravy Under Threat

jimbms

to be honest I think this chips cheese and gravy is quite disgusting and mushy peas.... why on earth would you want to mush peas?

Have you actually eaten a good CCG though or is it the prospect of it that yucks you out?

They can be ruined by too much gravy (this from a gravy addict), but if I had a pound from everyone I know that's said it sounds disgusting, then loved it when I've hassled them into it I'd have, well a good few pounds at least.

You're bang right about the peas though. Minging things mushy peas - should be outlawed by the Geneva convention.

There used to be a place near Jimmy Bs that did chip, cheese and gravy baps. Tasty and portable - what more could you want?

The humble bap. Is there in the world a more versatile food item?

a bap bap perhaps?

to be honest I think this chips cheese and gravy is quite disgusting and mushy peas.... why on earth would you want to mush peas?

I can tell you are not from round here ;) - the peas are not mushed, they mush themselves!

Mushy peas are exquisite when properly prepared; they must be cooked long enough to release the starch, but not so long that you lose the identity of each little marrowfat pea. It is only a small step to them lash in some fried bacon and onions and a little more water, and you have pea and ham soup, which will last you for as long as you are prepared to keep adding water - easily a week, perhaps even longer!

Fish,Chips and Mushy peas slathered in Mayo at the Port Erin Chippy :rolleyes: ...I'm looking forward to some of that when I pop home in few weeks....

Gotta be Fish, Chips, mushy peas and onion rings with ketchup and mayo from the chartroom - as close to heaven as you can get on earth...

Otherwise, chips cheese and curry sauce - yes please!

Sitting in a small cafe off Church Street in Liverpool on Saturday just gone I overheard a conversation between a young chap and his friends. He was telling them at length of a recent visit to the island and the fact that chips cheese and gravy was the local delicacy. (His exact words were 'f***in chips, cheese and f***in gravy!!!') He was met by general incredulity and derision.

Bloody philistines

City of culture my arse

Archived