Football Trivia And Quizzes

Shill

Who is the all-time leading goal scorer in the World Cup?  Miroslav Klose (16 goals)

Which country has won the most World Cup titles?  Brazil 5 (1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002)

Which club has won the most Champions League titles?  Real Madrid 14

Who has won the most Ballon d'Or awards?  Lionel Messi 7

What is the highest score in a single game of football?  149-0 (Stade Olympique de L’Emyrne v AS Adema)

Who is the only player to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final? Geoff Hurst 1966, Kylian Mbappe 2022

Who holds the record for the most goals scored in a single Premier League season? Shearer 31 (93/94 95/96)

Who is the only player to score in every minute of a match? Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic (and some sources say Luis Suarez also)

Who is the only player to score a goal in every minute of a match?

Who is the only player to score a goal in every minute of a match?

12 minutes ago, PhotoMan said:

Who holds the record for the most goals scored in a single Premier League season? Shearer 31 (93/94 95/96)

Mo Salah scored 32 in his Liverpool debut season.

Shearer (94/95) and Cole (93/94)scored 34 but they were over 42 game seasons.

But the real answer might turn out to be Haaland this season.

Edited by Declan

Happy to be corrected Declan.  Ofcourse, you are correct with Shearer and Cole with 34.  I was actually doubting my answer as I was writing it but ran out of time to double check.

While reading random rubbish facts, I was very surprised to learn that Michael Owen never scored 20 league goals in a season!  If someone had said that down the pub I'd have put a few quid on them being incorrect considering how good he was earlier in his career!

ETA....yes, Haaland could end up rewriting all sorts of stats if he stays relatively injury free!

Edited by PhotoMan
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 5:07 AM, jackwhite said:

Old thread but they aren't and never have been called "Glasgow Celtic".

The official title currently is Celtic plc.

Notwithstanding how pathetic it is to drag up a comment from 2008 from an evident Hun ( from the name ) which I assume is coming from you as a Tim.

Of course you are correct the name is Celtic. They other lot does of course have the word Glasgow in their name. Because perhaps you lot are not from Glasgow ( plastic paddies ).

In the end though you are both arses of the same cheek. Both as bad of each other and equally despised by every other club in Scotland.

We’d all love it if you buggered off to the EPL but they don’t want you either.

On 12/25/2022 at 3:36 AM, Anyone said:

Notwithstanding how pathetic it is to drag up a comment from 2008 from an evident Hun ( from the name ) which I assume is coming from you as a Tim.

Of course you are correct the name is Celtic. They other lot does of course have the word Glasgow in their name. Because perhaps you lot are not from Glasgow ( plastic paddies ).

In the end though you are both arses of the same cheek. Both as bad of each other and equally despised by every other club in Scotland.

We’d all love it if you buggered off to the EPL but they don’t want you either.

It's hilarious how bitter fans of other Scottish teams are. 

They love to accuse Celtic and Rangers of this and that, but the bile that spews from you is absolutely pathetic.

I commented on it as it was the first I saw it and felt like pass remarking. What I said was factually correct. 

The 'plastic paddies' thing is really outdated and, dare I say it, a bit racist. Some of the Celtic support do in fact have Irish family and some are actually from Ireland. 

I think you'll find most Celtic fans are from Glasgow now. The club did start in 1887/1888 you know. It was a fair while ago. Again you're bordering on racism here.

Also it's probably fair to say no sane minded Celtic or Rangers fan is as bothered by the team or fans of whichever team you support. 

I'm sure you'd love if they buggered off elsewhere, it's probably the only chance in your lifetime you'd have of seeing you win something.

It's a game of football mate and the fact you find yourself needing to post something like that at 3.36 am on Christmas Day says more about you than supporters of teams you hate.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, thommo2010 said:

If Rangers and Celtic left Scotland the league would become part time, the only reason sky put any money in which is a pittance anyway is because of the Old Firm.

Totally agreed. 

It would become like the current Irish or Welsh leagues. 

It's just embarrassing how bitter people like the guy above are. 

I actually think I know who he is just from his post as I've heard the same bitterness emanating from him (or someone else very like him if it's not) in person. The guy I'm thinking of is a Hearts fan. One of the most bitter supports I've ever come across. 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, jackwhite said:

It's hilarious how bitter fans of other Scottish teams are. 

They love to accuse Celtic and Rangers of this and that, but the bile that spews from you is absolutely pathetic.

I commented on it as it was the first I saw it and felt like pass remarking. What I said was factually correct. 

The 'plastic paddies' thing is really outdated and, dare I say it, a bit racist. Some of the Celtic support do in fact have Irish family and some are actually from Ireland. 

I think you'll find most Celtic fans are from Glasgow now. The club did start in 1887/1888 you know. It was a fair while ago. Again you're bordering on racism here.

Also it's probably fair to say no sane minded Celtic or Rangers fan is as bothered by the team or fans of whichever team you support. 

I'm sure you'd love if they buggered off elsewhere, it's probably the only chance in your lifetime you'd have of seeing you win something.

It's a game of football mate and the fact you find yourself needing to post something like that at 3.36 am on Christmas Day says more about you than supporters of teams you hate.

It wasn’t 3.36 everywhere in the world.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:31 AM, thommo2010 said:

If Rangers and Celtic left Scotland the league would become part time, the only reason sky put any money in which is a pittance anyway is because of the Old Firm.

And who would care. Which was my point but you are probably to thick to get that.

14 hours ago, Anyone said:

It wasn’t 3.36 everywhere in the world.

So you’re a bigot not from the Isle of Man any longer? Or are you that sad you were here when you were on holiday? 😂 

done well since leaving Scotland Andy knocking your pan in with 2 jobs approaching sixty to make ends meet whilst still being a bigot or an alcoholic on your days off 🤣 sad life you lead mate. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, jackwhite said:

So you’re a bigot not from the Isle of Man any longer? Or are you that sad you were here when you were on holiday? 😂 

done well since leaving Scotland Andy knocking your pan in with 2 jobs approaching sixty to make ends meet whilst still being a bigot or an alcoholic on your days off 🤣 sad life you lead mate. 

Interesting take on things. But I struggled to make sense of your second paragraph. You work in a pub don’t you?