Glastonbury 2008

modey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7479715.stm

Was her whole set as awful as this? Keep your Grammy safe, love - you won't be getting another any time soon.

We watched Amy Winehouse last night on the TV. I was totally mesmerised by the whole set and did notice that clip.

For those who have been to or are presently at Glastonbury, I rather envy you! I don't think I'll ever make it now but you never do know. What fun it must be. :)

i was mesmerised also, mesmerised at the fact that anyone could think she's got talent...

She had talent or at least the ability but is rapidly messing it all up. The reviews say that the crowd starting to leave as her set went on. Clearly people are loosing patience with her.

She seemed a lot more lucid than she has done for a long time though, maybe she's pulling it back. Shame she needed to be hospitalised for a week for that to happen.

I'm watching Jay Z on iPlayer now, I don't see what the problem people have with him, I suspect it's the vocal minority of 40 year old hippies who are desperately clinging on to the ghost of Glastonbury past....Surely they'd be avoiding the Pyramid stage like the plague anyway, given it's the 'popular' music stage.

I'm not familiar with Westwood, as I don't listen to his radio one show but is he always like that!? Bless him....

i was mesmerised also, mesmerised at the fact that anyone could think she's got talent...

We were all laughing last night watching her 'display'. It amazes me how pathetic she is in just about every way possible - voice, looks, movement.. etc.!!!! - and yet she attracts huge crowds. I don't know if they were all there to laugh at her too, but it didn't look like it! I think... they liked her ??!!

Imo. she should be banned from the public totally! I cannot believe they had to insult Mandela by having her sing at his concert!! More so.. to have her sing the final song!!! Does she have any singing talent whatsoever?

Does she have any singing talent whatsoever?

Yeah, fucking loads, but she's way way off the rails at the moment.

Its really sad to see it all go to waste, these gigs are actually a massively high point of her career.

People will lose patience with her,if she even survives through it, she'll have lost these times, they won't come around again.winehouse1805PA_468x693.jpg

Congratulations to the big Manx flag flyer near the front (I caught a bit of Neil Diamond on the telly). Leonard Cohen you say - I've just fallen in love with Hallaluja when I heard kd lang sing it, did some Googling and realised it wasn't a hymn but a celebration of the orgasm.

You crazy kids - I'd rather have nails pulled than spend a weekend in a muddy field surounded by soap dodgers, but each to his/her own and mucho respect to you for doing it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7479715.stm

Was her whole set as awful as this? Keep your Grammy safe, love - you won't be getting another any time soon.

How out of tune was that! Plus the nasally mucous whine is more noticeable when she's live (I say live in the loosest possible sense)

Thought the Beebs coverage was really good. Especially as they were showing whole acts without jumping between stages too much. The red button interactive stuff was good too.

My sister was at Glastonbury, so I was getting regular text updates on the weather and who they had seen! Rained on Friday but dried up really quickly after that. Couldn't find her tent....twice! No sense of direction and too many tents.

On the TV thought Crowded House were good, especially taking the mick out the security staff round the stage. Neil Diamond, not something I would normally listen to, thought he was good.

Enjoyed the Verve. Also seen coverage of Eddy Grant! Didn't realise he was still on the go. The only ropey act was Amy Winehouse. Think she should still have been in hospital drying out, not on stage! At first I thought my hearing was going, then realised she was slurring. ;)

Jay-Z not really my thing but each to their own. Liked his slagging Oasis bit at the start. Someone mentioned earlier did Westwood always speak like that? Unfortunately he does. Obviously he wanted to be brought up in the Bronx but had to make do with middle England! I seen him interviewing Jay-Z and it was cringeworthy. I actually wondered if Jay-Z thought he was taking the p*ss! Reminded me of Richard Madeleys Ali G impression.

And it was good to see that the site wasn't a sea of mud this year. If I decided to buy a ticket, odds on that's what would happen. :angry:

Archived