Glastonbury 2008

modey

Back in the day....you could still buy Glastonbury tickets thru the end of May, all the hype (Radio 1) ruined it somewhat - good to see it going back to being less popular (as if). There will be no Lost Vagueness this year :( which is a bit sad. I couldn't care less about the pyramid stage acts either - yawny yawny guitar bands - I'm hoping those fit Twisted people are going to make me a little twisted party for my mind & soul (the body is history). I will be 'at the front' for System 7 and Trentemoller but mostly I will be loitering about the Glade.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bauer21 will back me up as to the quite literal shit we had to wade through at Oxegen last year.

Well considering it was my 1st festival i thought i handled it quite well. Couldnt of done without the help of FTL though. The "Master List" of things she told me to take was essential and i have forwarded it on to the people im taking to oxegen with me this year too.

Bauer21 will back me up as to the quite literal shit we had to wade through at Oxegen last year.

Well considering it was my 1st festival i thought i handled it quite well. Couldnt of done without the help of FTL though. The "Master List" of things she told me to take was essential and i have forwarded it on to the people im taking to oxegen with me this year too.

Can you pop it on here too??

Will do, have to wait until i have access ie from home.

You handled it exceptionally well Bauer21! Give me a shout later, Sam had the brilliant idea that we could take your tent with us on the boat and set it up for you as you will be getting there a fair bit later than us.

You and sam are legends of equal magnitude!!(and if your wondering the reason, its just for being yourselves)

This is the list i received from. She is awesome (see above for further praise)

Ticket

Passport/Full Driving License

Money.

Camera

Mobile phone

Tent

Sleeping Bag

Rollmat

Pillow (can be bought fairly cheaply at the festival, and makes a hell of a difference!)

Rucksack

Small back pack for the arena in the day time - hands are best free for waving in the air!

Money belt for err, money and ticket. Pro tip - sleep with this at the bottom of your sleeping bag!

Painkillers of choice, paracetamol, neurofen etc

Immodium - absolutely a must

Baby wipes

More babywipes, it is a shower in inself!

Deodourant

Toothpaste and brush

Plastic cup

Water carrier

Suncream and aftersun (we can wish!)

Roll of black bin bags - many uses. Take them to sit down on, use them to keep stuff dry, keep stinky clothes separate from clean ones! Fashion them into a fetching hat!

A few sandwich bag type bags, great for keeping cameras, mobiles etc dry if is pisses down.

Wellies

Waterproof jacket with hood (umbrellas have known to be confiscated by security)

Sunhat - sun stroke is no fun at all!

Wooly hat for night time to sleep in - gets bloody cold!

Waterproof trousers optional, but great as you can sit down if it is wet (see black bin liners also)

2 pairs jeans

Pair shorts/light trousers

Trainers (flip flops etc are fecking useless, someone will step on the back and you will be minus one shoe!)

Undies

Socks

Hoodie

Long sleeve tshirt

4 or 5 tops

Jumper

Pyjamas

One entire set of clothes to travel home in in a sealed bin bag (in case of a wash out). Shoes not needed as wellies will do if it is that wet.

Alcohol but not in a glass bottle - use a flask but make sure it hasn't got a glass inner. Aluminium ones are best. Boxes of wine are quite good if you have the weight/room.

Food! Chocolate, haribo, alpen bars. Anything light but calorie laden.

This is the list i received from. She is awesome (see above for further praise)

Ticket

Passport/Full Driving License

Money.

Camera

Mobile phone

Tent

Sleeping Bag

Rollmat

Pillow (can be bought fairly cheaply at the festival, and makes a hell of a difference!)

Rucksack

Small back pack for the arena in the day time - hands are best free for waving in the air!

Money belt for err, money and ticket. Pro tip - sleep with this at the bottom of your sleeping bag!

Painkillers of choice, paracetamol, neurofen etc

Immodium - absolutely a must

Baby wipes

More babywipes, it is a shower in inself!

Deodourant

Toothpaste and brush

Plastic cup

Water carrier

Suncream and aftersun (we can wish!)

Roll of black bin bags - many uses. Take them to sit down on, use them to keep stuff dry, keep stinky clothes separate from clean ones! Fashion them into a fetching hat!

A few sandwich bag type bags, great for keeping cameras, mobiles etc dry if is pisses down.

Wellies

Waterproof jacket with hood (umbrellas have known to be confiscated by security)

Sunhat - sun stroke is no fun at all!

Wooly hat for night time to sleep in - gets bloody cold!

Waterproof trousers optional, but great as you can sit down if it is wet (see black bin liners also)

2 pairs jeans

Pair shorts/light trousers

Trainers (flip flops etc are fecking useless, someone will step on the back and you will be minus one shoe!)

Undies

Socks

Hoodie

Long sleeve tshirt

4 or 5 tops

Jumper

Pyjamas

One entire set of clothes to travel home in in a sealed bin bag (in case of a wash out). Shoes not needed as wellies will do if it is that wet.

Alcohol but not in a glass bottle - use a flask but make sure it hasn't got a glass inner. Aluminium ones are best. Boxes of wine are quite good if you have the weight/room.

Food! Chocolate, haribo, alpen bars. Anything light but calorie laden.

Jesus - why don't you take your mum with you as well, you know, to wash your winkie for you............... lol......... ; )

This is the take on it from THE DAILY MASH

GLASTONBURY ticket sales have slumped this year after thousands of fans decided not to pay £155 to shit in a ditch.

Music fan Tom Logan said he was giving the festival a miss as he had only just recovered from the cryptosporidium he got last year after accidentally eating infected hippie faeces.

He said: "I saw what looked like a bowl of hummus outside someone's tent and just dived in. It tasted quite authentic. I think it must have been all the lentils. I had seconds."

Nikki Hollis, 26, said she would not return because it took her six months to fully remove the caked-in dirt and stains from her intimate area after spending three days up to her armpits in mud, urine and falafel grease.

She added: "I went to a wedding in Tewksebury last summer where they had some very nice portable toilets with soap dispensers and clean towels.

"But you know the best thing? They actually flushed so I didn’t have to do my shit on top of a giant pyramid of crap left by the previous thousand occupants."

Wayne Hayes, 36, said he wouldn’t mind spending three days having to eat other people’s dirt if only the music on offer was slightly uplifting.

He said: "We’ve got drug addicted skanks and boys in too-tight trousers who think that copying their dad’s records note-for-note is the height of musical originality.

"If I am going to get amoebic dysentry again, I’d like to hear a bit of opera while I'm crapping my stomach lining into a bucket."

Music fan Tom Logan said he was giving the festival a miss as he had only just recovered from the cryptosporidium he got last year after accidentally eating infected hippie faeces.

He said: "I saw what looked like a bowl of hummus outside someone's tent and just dived in. It tasted quite authentic. I think it must have been all the lentils. I had seconds."

that's absolutely classic!

• 2 months later...

Archived