Glastonbury 2008

modey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah got tickets too well chuffed about that, weird how it has not sold out, think a combo of poor weather last year and average headliners this year has resulted in low demand , still see you all there

Aye JayZ, what were they thinking?

yeah got tickets too well chuffed about that, weird how it has not sold out, think a combo of poor weather last year and average headliners this year has resulted in low demand , still see you all there

Aye JayZ, what were they thinking?

I think Eavis policy this year of attracting a younger crowd has back fired on him, he should realise now everyone who attends glastonbury does not want to see the likes of jay z and be more welcoming of bands like Radiohead, Coldplay, Oasis and Muse.

I think the young crowd who would be attracted in going to see Jay Z will have seen the mud and rain of last year and will not be interested in putting themselves through that and getting their burberry Coats and bling dirty !!.

this combined with the farcical support in getting people off the site and home last year which i must say was disgraceful all contributes.

Eavis also showed his hand to quickly in naming the headline acts so quickly , people saw who was on and quicky decided to go with the other festivals like V and T in the park where there are good bands headlining,

Such as shame but i shall enjoy Glastonbury again this year for what it is apart from somewhere to see live music, just hope he gets it right next year.

It'll still sell out, just not as quickly as it has done in the past.

Two years of mud and rain has put a lot of people off, not me though .

But there will be no rain this year, just baking hot sun all weekend :cool:

I have booked a favour with the sun gods too Modey - for the second weekend in July! Bauer21 will back me up as to the quite literal shit we had to wade through at Oxegen last year.

I don't think that Jay-Z is the problem, I think it is like you said, it is the weather.

Hope you (and everyone else from here that is going) have a great time :)

If anyone were to jib Glasto on the basis of 1 act then thats stupid. I'm not going this year due to other commitments, but i'd personally prefer to see something different like Jay-Z than the bloody Arctic Monkeys or some other average guitar band. Last year i didn't see one headliner, main stage headliner anyway, none of them interested me, and it was prob the best line-up i've seen lately.

Also, the press have jumped on this in a ridiculous way. They sold 100,000 tickets in the first day, thats pretty good going. It will sell out regardless.

Archived