Glastonbury 2008

modey

I hope that everyone from here going has a brilliant time - I am most envious of this years line up. Leonard Cohen alone nearly made me buy a ticket after one too many white wine spritzers the other weekend! Fortunately reason kicked in before my finger hit the "purchase" button and I shall just wait for 3 weeks today when I will be seeing Battles, Kosheen and Ben Folds.

Lots of pics and reviews please :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am most envious of this years line up. Leonard Cohen alone nearly made me buy a ticket after one too many white wine spritzers the other weekend!

We went to see Lenny last night at Manchester Opera House. At 73 the guy is amazing, the backing was excellent as well. Sell out of course.

The only downside was that everyone was body-searched on the way in for sharp objects, sleeping pills, rat poison and so forth :)

The only downside was that everyone was body-searched on the way in for sharp objects, sleeping pills, rat poison and so forth :)

I don't quite know why a lot of people equate Leonard Cohen with misery. More like sex and religion! Lady Midnight and Halleluja. I rest my case!

Yeah cant wait for this year, can't say i am as excited as last year, but looking forward to seeing kings of leon, groove armada and massive attack, but if i am let down there is always V as well, bring on the Muse

look forward to seeing you all there , i will keep an eye for the Three Legs !

Bauer21 will back me up as to the quite literal shit we had to wade through at Oxegen last year.

Well considering it was my 1st festival i thought i handled it quite well. Couldnt of done without the help of FTL though. The "Master List" of things she told me to take was essential and i have forwarded it on to the people im taking to oxegen with me this year too.

Can you pop it on here too??

This is the list i received from. She is awesome (see above for further praise)

Ticket

Passport/Full Driving License

Money.

Camera

Mobile phone

Tent

Sleeping Bag

Rollmat

Pillow (can be bought fairly cheaply at the festival, and makes a hell of a difference!)

Rucksack

Small back pack for the arena in the day time - hands are best free for waving in the air!

Money belt for err, money and ticket. Pro tip - sleep with this at the bottom of your sleeping bag!

Painkillers of choice, paracetamol, neurofen etc

Immodium - absolutely a must

Baby wipes

More babywipes, it is a shower in inself!

Deodourant

Toothpaste and brush

Plastic cup

Water carrier

Suncream and aftersun (we can wish!)

Roll of black bin bags - many uses. Take them to sit down on, use them to keep stuff dry, keep stinky clothes separate from clean ones! Fashion them into a fetching hat!

A few sandwich bag type bags, great for keeping cameras, mobiles etc dry if is pisses down.

Wellies

Waterproof jacket with hood (umbrellas have known to be confiscated by security)

Sunhat - sun stroke is no fun at all!

Wooly hat for night time to sleep in - gets bloody cold!

Waterproof trousers optional, but great as you can sit down if it is wet (see black bin liners also)

2 pairs jeans

Pair shorts/light trousers

Trainers (flip flops etc are fecking useless, someone will step on the back and you will be minus one shoe!)

Undies

Socks

Hoodie

Long sleeve tshirt

4 or 5 tops

Jumper

Pyjamas

One entire set of clothes to travel home in in a sealed bin bag (in case of a wash out). Shoes not needed as wellies will do if it is that wet.

Alcohol but not in a glass bottle - use a flask but make sure it hasn't got a glass inner. Aluminium ones are best. Boxes of wine are quite good if you have the weight/room.

Food! Chocolate, haribo, alpen bars. Anything light but calorie laden.

Sounds like you're hitch hiking across the Silk Road for a couple of months.

Sounds like you're hitch hiking across the Silk Road for a couple of months.

Less of your cheek young man! I can honestly say that I used everything I brought with exception of the sun hat and sun screen.

I present exhitbit A:

Oxegen07036640x480.jpg

I mean, look at my son's face, it says it all! Can you imagine if his awful mother had forgotten his wellies, or the two bloody sets of clothes he seemed to go through a day? He would have been on to Childline as quick as anything! And that was in the decent part of the arena. The campsite looked a little more like this:-

Oxegen07061640x480.jpg

I know Glasto was a washout last year but Oxegen gets very little press in the UK, and was just as bad.

The only thing I wish I had brought was more vodka but I had a 20kg weight limit as we flew over to Dublin!

My 'vague' festie list:- (includes food) - should be enough to keep you going for at least 4-5 days on a budget.

Good light sleeping bag, semi decent tent

Small gas stove, light weight set of pots & pans, cup, few teabags, coffee, sugar & dried milk (pack tea/coffee in pots/pans)

Some dried foods (noodles/soups etc) - used to take a few packs of 'burgamix' when I was veggie, 3 or 4 army type ration packs (sausage&beans etc)- these are great when you get back to tent & want a hot 'meal' or drink & saves the ridiculous festie prices - just need water for burgaix/soups etc.

Stout waterproof boots (no need for wellies)

Few bin liners - (can be used with boots as gaiters if the mud gets knee deep).

Socks & undies

2 x pairs of kecks - combat types are usually pretty good (plenty of pockets for everything). (one for wet days, one for sleeping/dry days/travelling home).

Small Pen knife - if it gets too hot, cut of the legs of a pair of your kecks (at the knees so you still have all the pockets!) = instant shorts (if you have a small head, can use a leg of the pants to make silly festie hat :) )

Few T shirts

Woolly jumper/fleece type thing

Light waterproof coat

Woolly hat

Tooth brush/toothpaste, flannel,small towel, soap.

Plenty of tobacco, & papers (find somewhere dry to store spare papers), a few lighters, money (obviously).

Pick up couple of boxes of wine & some water on route. (after drinking 1st box of wine, take out the insides, inflate & you've got a handy pillow).

Everything else you might need should be available on site :)

Meh meh and meh again. I so didnt want it to rain this year :( I'm soooo sad. I have a beautiful snow camouflage to decorate our 'home area' with but its white and I dont want to wreck it too much. I dont want to wear stupid stinky wellies or bring loads of stuff with me, I was hopeful yesterday for bikini and skirt and clothes to travel in being my only requirement...just bought some waterproofs baaaaah! pissed off. ....I'm almost scared of the state I plan on being in. :D Sunday will be my best day, Friday is looking fab too.

Bring it on sunshine ....perlease beggy weggy etc etc God is lovely and everything.

Archived