North One Wins Isle Of Man Tt Races Tv Tender

TomTucker

quote - The DTL believe that North One’s proposals will deliver greater experience to the ‘armchair’ fans, who hopefully will be persuaded to visit the island in the future.

I believe that's the crucial part of that statement - proposal ....nothing concrete in place, just proposals. There's a mention about ITV coverage - wasn't it already being shown on ITV last year? No mention of the BBC, whereas it's been on Grandstand for at least two years if memory serves me right.

North One broadcast the World Rally Championship - when they took it on, it was being broadcast live on Channel 4. Now it's a highlights package on the DAVE channel - not really the home of Sport - will the same happen to the TT coverage?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Woe is me, a tender process has been undertaken and Greenlight didnt win it. Get over it and move on. Companies are not guarennteed work in the private sector, why should they be in the public sector contracts, just like Mylcreests road cars sob story. Be competitive and you will reap rewards.

Having a look at the DTI site regarding tenders, and it says that companies tendering for Government Contracts, must be IOM based companies registered with the DTI and be up to date with IOM statutory payments. Is that the rule for all Government Contracts or just construction and supply companies.

• 8 months later...

So now we have had coverage of a race what do people think.

I'm quite impressed. The preview show was great and the super slow mo cameras are fantastic.

Only real gripe is that the commentators are a bit annoying but this is tempered by the abscence of Mike 'Mike' Brewer

I think the coverage is much better, the helicopter shots are better than just looking down at a speck on a gray line hidden by trees like they used to be. I couldn't stand the commentator on the old coverage so much perfering James Whitham and who ever the other guy is.

It just seems more professional can't wait to see the rest of it and hope they bring out a blu-ray.

The biggest - and most consistent - complaint, has been the absence of the 'big screen' at Bushy's which, I believe, is a direct result of North One's 'success.

Having said that, I've lost count of the number of complaints from visitors about the absence of any festival atmosphere - and of the number who have said that they won't be back if it's going to be like this in future.

The biggest - and most consistent - complaint, has been the absence of the 'big screen' at Bushy's which, I believe, is a direct result of North One's 'success.

Cutting out greenlight also cuts out Duke?

So now we have had coverage of a race what do people think.

I'm quite impressed. The preview show was great and the super slow mo cameras are fantastic.

Only real gripe is that the commentators are a bit annoying but this is tempered by the abscence of Mike 'Mike' Brewer

The coverage has been well produced, but come on give the sidecar guys a break and show some of the sidecars!! All they got last night was a podium shot. An hour programe and they only get one race in and a lap by Rossi.

they need someone commentating who knows the place a bit better, like the aerial shot of Ramsey with Queens Pier and the Mooragh lake, described as Douglas, and the bit when going past Bishopscourt "you smell the garlic they grow in the fields" :D ~ I don't think so ! (grows wild in the hedges)

and as for being live TV, 9pm - eh ?

Having said that, I've lost count of the number of complaints from visitors about the absence of any festival atmosphere - and of the number who have said that they won't be back if it's going to be like this in future.

I do think the ITV4 footage has been much much better this year. They have more choppers in the air and they seem to be able to edit the extra footage they have from the extra cameras together much better to give you a feeling of actually being there.

I think it was better when greenlight did it, Camera's around the course in various places getting some good shots, now it seems to be mostly on-board cameras which is a little tedious after 15 minutes. The commentary knowledge is shocking and it sounds very 'Eurosport' where the voice-over is from the other side of the world to where the action is

Archived