North One Wins Isle Of Man Tt Races Tv Tender

TomTucker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just about to sit down and watch the sidecar race now ,I HOPE :)

About four F**kin mins of real race machines !! Now back to the road bikes !

Takin the piss !

And it was a DMR Chassis not a DMC !

Could it be because it was not aHonda ?

Why all the arse shots?

One of the editors must have a thing about leather clad arse's or the person putting the camera on the bike forgets there will be a rider sitting on the seat :lol:

• 11 months later...

I wish they would fly their helicopter a bit higher instead of buzzing so low over our house. Totally freaked out our pets. Totally freaked me out tbh.

They've got long lenses and there is no need for them to fly so low. It's utterly anti social machismo IMO.

A few dubious on bike camera angles last night but they showed it anyway, good shots of the ground rushing by and little else! Also a bit of dubious commentary from our own Milky Quayle, nice lad but not up to international broadcasting standards. A few 'Jesus' thrown in and a lot of disjointed chatter from him and James Whitham.

True they didn't have long to edit a six lap race, well done on getting it out.

Yes that's never been done before by anyone else.... oh no, that's right, it used to happen all the time.

So not very well done at all really, eh?

No start shot of ANYONE - not a single picture of the iconic TT start line.

No kerb cam anywhere, not even the double one at Bray Hill they copied from the Greenlight coverage.

Only about 5 riders in the whole programme.

Hutchinson's onboard - fantastic job. Some of the best tarmac on the Island, I bet, if only he'd slow down so we could get a better look at it.

Cameron Donald - third place, and only appeared in the programme at the finish line, apart from a brief glimpse at a pit stop. TAS must be over the moon with that.

And I particularly liked the stuttering effect, which I believe is caused by editing on a computer and not rendering it properly, though doubtless someone clever than me will know.

All in all, I think it wasn't really what you'd call good work.

Oh and the commentary. I like Milky, but I think he's well wide of the mark there. Well wide...

Cameron Donald - third place, and only appeared in the programme at the finish line, apart from a brief glimpse at a pit stop. TAS must be over the moon with that.

You obviously missed the bit where he went down the wrong road them.

Did the chip on your shoulder blocl your view of the telly?

North One's coverage is great. Improved on last year and Milky or not the commentary is way better than Richard 'mention George fucking Formby going into the pub at Ballacraine every damned lap' Nicholls.

60+ camera positions plus helicopter, fx cams, himotion, onboard and whatnot - they're really putting a lot of effort into this.

I particularly like the shots from the ramsey area - they're all perfect :rolleyes:

Amadeus - don't tell me these people have let you loose with a TV camera? You know you can only focus one frame every ten minutes - not 25 per second!

Archived