Government Cutbacks

sarahc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schools have been sending letters home with the children asking parents to volunteer to repaint school classrooms during the holidays to save on costs to the school, they are also asking for donations of tools and materials.

***NEWSFLASH***

Schools in financial crisis:

Reports are coming in that schools have so little money they are asking people to donate un-wanted goods to sell from the back of cars!!!!

I love it when people manage to put a negative spin on things like this.

School have been trying to save money on things like this for decades, the idea being that if they can paint the school for the cost only of the paint then there might be a little more money to spend on educating the kids.

Schools have been sending letters home with the children asking parents to volunteer to repaint school classrooms during the holidays to save on costs to the school, they are also asking for donations of tools and materials.

What a great idea, I'm right behind that kind of thing.

Source - Link - Story - now!

Given Lee54's liking for a bit of provocation, I wonder if the only school involved is St. Trollians.

Let's not beat around the bush: I don't think anyone gives any credit to what Lee54 is saying - and for good reason given what we have seen from him - and source and substantiation of this claim is of course needed before one should even consider taking Lee54's 'news' seriously.

Given Lee54's liking for a bit of provocation, I wonder if the only school involved is St. Trollians.

Let's not beat around the bush: I don't think anyone gives any credit to what Lee54 is saying - and for good reason given what we have seen from him - and source and substantiation of this claim is of course needed before one should even consider taking Lee54's 'news' seriously.

I looked at the thread thinking that it was going to be a sensible discussion of where the Government will be making cuts in expenditure. Thanks for the tip-off about the poster.

Yes this is true , Kids came home last night with a letter.

Yes this is true , Kids came home last night with a letter.

This is still a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.

It can't possibly be true that we can piss away millions on roundabouts and big projects and then ask for this.

If that's true, then someone urgently needs shooting.

schoolrp0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Skeddan

View Member Profile Today, 01:27 PM Post #7

MF Senior Balloon

Group: Regulars

Member No.: 11,726

Let's not beat around the bush: I don't think anyone gives any credit to what Lee54 is saying - and for good reason given what we have seen from him - and source and substantiation of this claim is of course needed before one should even consider taking Lee54's 'news' seriously ;);)

It can't possibly be true that we can piss away millions on roundabouts and big projects and then ask for this.

If that's true, then someone urgently needs shooting.

You're feeding the troll. This isn't about the government, this is about a school managing it's budget. I think it's a great idea, and not new, Ashley Hill have done it before, and most schools have done this kind of thing for years, from car boot sales to other 'friends of' events to buy extra items like books and computers, etc.

I'd happily give my kids school a hand if I knew it'd redirect some funds into something that would benefit them directly.

You're feeding the troll. This isn't about the government, this is about a school managing it's budget. I think it's a great idea, and not new, Ashley Hill have done it before, and most schools have done this kind of thing for years, from car boot sales to other 'friends of' events to buy extra items like books and computers, etc.

I'd happily give my kids school a hand if I knew it'd redirect some funds into something that would benefit them directly.

I think it's a good idea if people have time to help, and it brings parents in to school and feel a part of where their kids are getting educated. If you don't agree with it then you don't paint - some people will however.

Archived