Financial Times Report

bluemonday

One of the things that caught my eye in this 'advertorial' feature was the eBusiness ad from Treasury:

We live speed

If connectivity matters to your business then there’s no better place to operate from that the Isle of Man. Famed for out TT races we’ve put the same racing spirit into our telecommunications structure. Infinite bandwidth allows for superfast downloads and our data hosting and security are miles ahead of the competition. Just like our road racing, our e business infrastructure is truly world class.

I'd thought IoM was lagging quite far behind - certainly much less advanced than Singapore or Japan with Gigabit broadband. What about cost of HSPDA connectivity - is there no better place?

But maybe I was mistaken - what really stood out is 'infinite bandwidth'. Wow!!!

I'd thought IoM was lagging quite far behind - certainly much less advanced than Singapore or Japan with Gigabit broadband. What about cost of HSPDA connectivity - is there no better place?

Guess it depends who they're comparing with. We certainly compare favorably with Dublin, Jersey, Guernsey, BVI, Bermuda and Caymans, which are all still pretty expensive and slow for internet access.

• 2 years later...

Archived