Steam-packet.com

Yorkie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Namejet is just one of those "make an offer on a domain" types - probably another arm of network solutions by the looks of them. You ask them for a domain name and they'll watch it until it becomes publicly available again, then nail it for the highest bidder. You could in effect ask them for a domain that's just been renewed for 2 years and they'll sit on it until such time as it's left to die by the current owner.

Manx Radio have put out a warning that tomorrows Birkenhead sailing may be cancelled due to the possibility of another nasty bit of weather coming up.

Bugger!

Any idea of the forecast for the weekend after? I'm meant to to be having a long weekend away then.

at a guess, rainy, not too windy, high pressure coming in from SW so improving over the weekend

clicky

What I think has happened (only speculating) is that the Steam Packets hosting company has overlooked that the domain had expired, they also overlooked the fact it was in redemption period. The domain has finally completely expired and Network Solutions have renewed it thinking that the past owner have made a cock up. It is more than likely that the email address contact on the domain was no longer in use so they have not received any reminders.

Obviously once the Nameservers got changed yesterday the Steam Packet became aware of it and have got in touch with their hosting company who in turn have got in touch with Network Solutions and they have come to some financial agreement that the domain will become under the ownership of the Steam Packet once payment has been made. I'm not sure why Netsol are advertising the fact that the domain can be auctioned still. Maybe just a standard holding page thingy.

Ok have a read of this then: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-sear...team-packet.com

Looks like the fuck up might have been MT, they're the admin contact.

Where are you seeing that Slim ?

Administrative Contact :

Pending Renewal or Deletion

pendingrenewalordeletion@networksolutions.com

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

Phone: 570-708-8786

Technical Contact :

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

Just been into the Pirates nest at the Sea Terminal. Anyone booking via telephone or from the Sea Terminal for sailing within the next 7 days will get the online discount. The site they say should be up an running within 48hrs.

Administrative Contact :

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

Technical Contact :

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

This is what I see from Slim's link:

Administrative Contact :

Manx Telecom Ltd

hosting@manx-telecom.com

Manx Telecom Headquarters

Hosting Department

Isle of Man Business Park

Cooil Road

Isle of Man, im99 1hx

GB

Phone: 01624 636 888

Technical Contact :

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Ltd

xxxxxxxxxx@steam-packet.com [i've edited this out]

Imperial Building

Douglas, Isle of Man im 1 2by

IM

Phone: 01624 645755

Record expires on 29-Nov-2010

Record created on 24-Jun-2005

Database last updated on 16-Jan-2009

Press refresh Shill! It's clear what happened, like I said, it wasn't renewed, so netsol put it onto pending while they waited for it to be settled. It's a pretty standard procedure. Given MT are the admin contact, they're the ones that will have been notified of the expiry.

Given the nature of the fek up, you'd think they'd have registered it for longer than a single year.

Archived