Car Power Restrictions

Slim

Also, a car only becomes dangerous if the driver is, which is why the police can drive at high speed when on a mission to catch someone but you never here of them crashing very often ..........

Actually, they kill quite a number of people every year, and injure scores if not hundreds more. You can drive fast safely on an airstrip, but you can't in a town, however well trained.

S

but even if the car size was limited u still be able to drive fast in town so pointless really,

You might not here of many cops crashing, but thay do it a lot more than u think, its just normaly kept quiet, i know of a few cop cars been writen off, but there never in the news :o

Yes, I guess the more they have to chase the criminals, the higher chance of eventually crashing but they still handle the cars well compared with people who think they can drive to the same standard. Like when you drive in ice and snow, the more you do it, the easier it is compared with the first time and realising how easy it is to handle a car in a skid, unfortunately, you are not given the chance here, so you have to rely on driving in winter conditions off Island, as the DoT think no one here can drive in snow and ice, only the police, if you don't pracitice you won't learn.

yes thay prob do know a bit more,

but woulden say thay know how to drive on ice and snow, well not the 2 that i towed out of the sand trap on windy corner a few years ago, o how we laughed :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, a car only becomes dangerous if the driver is, which is why the police can drive at high speed when on a mission to catch someone but you never here of them crashing very often ..........

Actually, they kill quite a number of people every year, and injure scores if not hundreds more. You can drive fast safely on an airstrip, but you can't in a town, however well trained.

S

but even if the car size was limited u still be able to drive fast in town so pointless really,

You might not here of many cops crashing, but thay do it a lot more than u think, its just normaly kept quiet, i know of a few cop cars been writen off, but there never in the news :o

Yes, I guess the more they have to chase the criminals, the higher chance of eventually crashing but they still handle the cars well compared with people who think they can drive to the same standard. Like when you drive in ice and snow, the more you do it, the easier it is compared with the first time and realising how easy it is to handle a car in a skid, unfortunately, you are not given the chance here, so you have to rely on driving in winter conditions off Island, as the DoT think no one here can drive in snow and ice, only the police, if you don't pracitice you won't learn.

yes thay prob do know a bit more,

but woulden say thay know how to drive on ice and snow, well not the 2 that i towed out of the sand trap on windy corner a few years ago, o how we laughed :rolleyes:

I heard about that, maybe that's why they want the road closed when they see 50 snow flakes dropping, don't want to drive up there if an accident occurred, incase they did it again. Thank you for reminding me about that one. To be fair, they don't chase around the roads here trying to catch criminals and car thieves on a regular basis, like the police do in the U.K.

The coppers did a great job of smashing up their original Cosworth 4x4 fleet in the late 80s/early 90s, think at least 2 were badly damaged, not during offical responces.

The coppers did a great job of smashing up their original Cosworth 4x4 fleet in the late 80s/early 90s, think at least 2 were badly damaged, not during offical responces.

I should get out more, their safety record is obviously not as good as I thought by the sounds of it

It could be a philosophical questions like the tree falling in the woods one.

"If a car crashes and nobody sees it, and nobody's injured, is it really a crash?"

If nobody saw it how did it happen? Remote control maybe? or a blind driver? Very existential.

Archived