Car Power Restrictions

Slim

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think young drivers should be restricted to something like this:

bigfoot.jpg

Perfectly fast enough for young noobs. It would also cut out all that hanky-panky and steamed up windows.

Leave the high powered stuff to us oldies who know how to drive!

Seems to me like there's a double standard here. Why is banning guns acceptable to everyone, yet fast cars is somehow a god given right?

who said banning guns was acceptable?

I've got a shotgun, and a ladder.

The ladder should be banned, far too dangerous.

(As is my sea angling boat, ban that).

The only thing that has actually really hurt me is my mountain bike. I came off and landed in a reservoir. Had to wait 6 months for the level to drop in summer before I got my specs back. Ban specs.

Jim, yeah, restricted is a better word for what I meant.

I've got a shotgun, and a ladder.

The ladder should be banned, far too dangerous.

(As is my sea angling boat, ban that).

The only thing that has actually really hurt me is my mountain bike. I came off and landed in a reservoir. Had to wait 6 months for the level to drop in summer before I got my specs back. Ban specs.

You've missed my point, I made it a few times. I don't care what you do to yourself, what I'm worried about is the potential for harming others. Fast cars kill other people as well as the owners. Ladders don't tend to.

Stavros, I've a Picasso.

Rhumsaa, because nobody's complains about guns being banned. It's just generally accepted that they are. We just tut at the amercians for being stupid enough to let everyone carry one.

I move on from the obvious manx/uk distinction...

I used to shoot .22 rifles for the IoM (only as a lad) and you heard about how shit it was for competitive sport then but the press aren;t interested in that - very little sales for that story

Stavros, I've a Picasso.

Rhumsaa, because nobody's complains about guns being banned. It's just generally accepted that they are. We just tut at the amercians for being stupid enough to let everyone carry one.

I move on from the obvious manx/uk distinction...

I used to shoot .22 rifles for the IoM (only as a lad) and you heard about how shit it was for competitive sport then but the press aren;t interested in that - very little sales for that story

dont the isle of man normaly do well in shooting comps, well used to,

havent had a shoot of a .22 for a long time now, or any gun for that matter, do miss the shooting of things,

Anyway back on track,

i really dont see the point in restricting the car size till a certin age, what age would u have,

Not all reckless road users drive performance cars - the phenomenon of chavs in their Astras and Novas is well known - but I'd be prepared to bet that if you could calculate the proportion of [reckless drivers]/[cars in circulation] for each model then you would see that there is a strong correlation between reckless road use and performance cars.

I've also observed that certain brands seem to attract people with bad attitudes to driving. Audis would be first on my list: a high proportion seem to be driven by complete pillocks who are compensating for something. BMW and Merc SUVs also seem to have a magnetic attraction for tossers. [Apologies to the population of Audi and BMW/Merc SUV drivers who are sensible road users, but you only have your brethren to blame!]

Banning or limiting the types of cars typically driven by reckless drivers is not the answer, though. Draconian sentencing for reckless driving may have some impact if there was a high enough liklihood of being caught and convicted.

i really dont see the point in restricting the car size till a certin age, what age would u have,

The point is to reduce accidents. 30 might be a good age for males and 25 for females, who generally are more responsible.

Insurers already impose restrictions on the cars that younger people can drive by charging higher premiums. Unfortunately they are not high enough to deter everybody.

S

The point is to reduce accidents. 30 might be a good age for males and 25 for females, who generally are more responsible.

Insurers already impose restrictions on the cars that younger people can drive by charging higher premiums. Unfortunately they are not high enough to deter everybody.

S

so next quastion what engine limit would u have,

dont think u be able to do 2 diffrent agers, u know thats discrimination in this day and age :rolleyes:

but what next? is it just age or is it driving experience?

I passed my test at 22 so come 30 could be 5 years less experienced than someone who is 29 and restricted - but then who's to say whether just number of years of licence is enough of a show of experience.... so many many questions and you'd still have road deaths

Archived