The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

I would of thought it would of been a lot more than 30 million. Thats what I was saying Albert. Not grumbling with the price just think there under budgeting.

Oh sorry. Hopefully government project managers will not be involved ;)

Hope they don't pay for it in Euro's

I would still like to see a sort of mini indoor theme park/fun fair like they have in shopping centres in England and a big arcade with many classic games.Weren`t the Crescent owners supposed to be building one in Strand Street when the Crescent closed down? - maybe Woolies building?

I would also like to know what the other three interested parties had in mind,offered.Shouldn`t we have had a say as to which offer was better for us and the island.

This was a tender and not a popularity contest with the general public. How would you be able to decide what was better for the island or not when you would only be deciding that based on your own opinion.

I would only say, don't hold your breath !

you'll all be drawing your pensions before it comes to fruition, you have to get past the neighbours first, they can't even finish knocking the old one down yet

and what is the deadline all about ?, forcing government to make a hasty decision ? and to keep opposition out of the frame ?

Golf links - closed

Castle Mona - closed - eyesore

Lord St - bomb site / car park / eyesore

10 years hence, what difference ?

I would also like to know what the other three interested parties had in mind,offered.Shouldn`t we have had a say as to which offer was better for us and the island.

This was a tender and not a popularity contest with the general public. How would you be able to decide what was better for the island or not when you would only be deciding that based on your own opinion.

Something wrong with a popularity contest with the general public? - people getting a say as to which proposal might be better suited/needed sounds like a good idea to me.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/30m-complex...land.5084070.jp

I was lucky to be a presentation for the Wave. Looks amazing.

Another hiatus at the Lord Street site then - would be a far better place for the facilities IMHO.

Anything like this is great news, and they've obviously been doing a lot of work - but with so much land ready for development in Douglas under their ownsership - they need to be forced to do something!

Edited by bishbashbosh

I would still like to see a sort of mini indoor theme park/fun fair like they have in shopping centres in England and a big arcade with many classic games.Weren`t the Crescent owners supposed to be building one in Strand Street when the Crescent closed down? - maybe Woolies building?

You're kidding. Right?

My only gripe (for the next five minutes, anyway) is that from the look of it, and the location, I can see it looking like a heap of scrap after two or three seasons of being battered by the monster waves that visit that portion of the prom.

....and that lurvely aroma that resides there in the summertime.....

It gets my vote though...lets hope they manage to pull it off.

Yes, God forbid that the opinions of the general public about a facility for their use should actually be taken into consideration!

I could see lots of things not being built if they had to put the options out for public consultation every time they had someone interested in building something. If a private developer wants public opinion then I'm sure they'd ask for it but if it aint your £30 million why the fuck should they ask you what you think they should be spending it on?