The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

The issue often has to do with planning and non government co-oporation etc, things do go on behind the schenes that we dont know about and so all the blame is not really to rest on Seftons shoulders, I asked a number of similiar questions and the replys I got where honest and understandable.

I just really want to see this go through and will give it my full support in Council. Its a great idea and as a parent, the facility will be a godsend.

In all seriousness, Something needs to be sorted in the way of sea defences over that way, even if it is just a load of rocks to break up the waves.

I remember many a time that summerland had to close due to the waves, more for customer safety than the risk of flooding to the cave.

What will look weird.. An eyesore of an antwacky run down railway in front of a nice new building!

What is it with the sefton group, they seem to be awarded quite a lot of government projects at the moment.

They also are building down the new airport extenstion.

I wonder who has fingers in that pie?

i think that you will find that all Capital Government work goes out to competitive tender.

be carefull with your comments!

ha ha ha ha sorry i thought u were bring for real, :rolleyes:

What is it with the sefton group, they seem to be awarded quite a lot of government projects at the moment.

They also are building down the new airport extenstion.

I wonder who has fingers in that pie?

i think that you will find that all Capital Government work goes out to competitive tender.

be carefull with your comments!

ha ha ha ha sorry i thought u were bring for real, :rolleyes:

challenge me on a public forum then! :cool:

I wonder where the money is coming from to pay from it.

The Sefton Group has massive debts. A few months ago they bought property valued at £37.4 million for £1.96 million, no doubt the difference is a loan they have to pay back.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/isle-of-man-busi...olio.4468413.jp

The above articles says they project £1 million rental profit and they also state the new properties bring in £2.44 million rental a year, so a very large proportion will be used to service the debt.

I'm afraid I will believe in the new 'Wave' when I am actually able to walk in the door.

One comment about the new design where are all the cars going to go. Looks to me like there is barely more than 30 or so spaces. For a major leisure complex this is laughable. Maybe they should consider scrapping the gimmicky wind turbine (which lets face it is pretty impractical there) and consider a multi story car park. Oh no not an unsightly car park you say. Well just consider how difficult it is to park for the existing shed of a cinema even before you add more screens and loads of other facilities. A venue of this size will need hundreds of spaces.

how about we worry about the car parking once the thing is built....

park on the prom, park elsewhere and walk, maybe they will have a shuttle service from the cinema car park....who cares...just build it already.

Oh very wise, I bet you work the planning board. Yes lets build a massive entertainment complex that no one can get to. That has only thirty spaces none of which are usable in rough weather. I bet the people who live in Port Jack will be overjoyed when they can't get into or out their houses. Better still lets rely on our Victorian public transport. It was good enough in 1895 it should be good enough now after no one owns one of new fangled automobile carriages do they. They are most frightful, and travel at such velocities that a person's blood will stop circulating.

Meanwhile in the modern REAL world where we have such concepts as planning laws, traffic management, etc. (I know we are Manx and we don't need such new fangled sensible ideas). Anywhere else though and if you were considering building such a venue you would insist on a high number of parking spaces BEFORE you build it, this is why many of these venues are out of town.