Eden Park Cafe

Minxie

Whilst doing a spot of garden shopping we stopped in the cafe at the Eden Park Garden Centre. We had one mug of filter coffee, one small pot of tea, a cornetto ice cream, one cookie and two slices of cake, and it came to £14.10. Although the cake was quite nice, it wasn't particularly special for the price!! They don't actually put prices on any of their cakes and cookies, so if you are going might be worth checking the price before you buy as it must have been about £4 per slice of cake.

Yep, I hear you. We had 2 bowls of soup and a couple of drinks. 12 quid.

Also the service was terrible. The girl behind the counter was very young and seemed flustered to the point of actually being quite rude.

The soup was pretty bland as well.

Also the service was terrible. The girl behind the counter was very young and seemed flustered to the point of actually being quite rude.

Yes the girl was bordering on rude but I thought that maybe she was just having a bad day - maybe she's just like that all the time then. :(

I can feel my wallet twitching whenever I'm within 500yards of that place - as tugger said everything is way overpriced.

I got a good enough deal on a Stihl chainsaw + assorted extras [compared to ebay shop prices]. So I would say that they may be prepared to negotiate if you get into a conversation with them. And tbh I had just gone in for a look at the various models and had been planning to buy online.

FWIW they were also very friendly and helpful.

Dont get me wrong the staff at the garden store are usually top notch. It was just the cafe I was on about seeing as this was in food and drink :)

Dont get me wrong the staff at the garden store are usually top notch. It was just the cafe I was on about seeing as this was in food and drink :)

Got it :)

As garden centres go - Kirby does a nice cup of tea. God i'm old.

Hehe, yeah I had a brew there a few weeks ago. Kirby is actually a really good garden centre, they have a great variety of plants, trees, bushes and flowers. We got our garden bench from there as well as it was about 50 quid cheaper than eden and much better looking.

I like Kirby, plants always look very healthy.

Cafe is not bad either, the cream tea is nice.

Eden seems very pricey.

One visit to the Eden Park cafe was enough - it reminds me of an expensive canteen. Maybe garden centres should stick to horticulture and cafes to food?

Edit: but from comments must try Kirby as it sounds better.

heard poor reports of two of our favourite eateries over the weekend, one has a new chef who can't even fry an egg, the other has gone down hill, was past the Waterfall as well and that was closed and for sale, no wonder people were having their own picnic on the beach :P

just where is there still open and serving decent food ?

and where could you suggest when visitors ask where they can get a meal ?

(first, spot the visitor !)

... was past the Waterfall as well and that was closed and for sale ...

What, Waterfall at Glen Maye on the road to nowhere or do you mean somewhere else?

Archived