Eden Park Cafe

Minxie

... was past the Waterfall as well and that was closed and for sale ...

What, Waterfall at Glen Maye on the road to nowhere or do you mean somewhere else?

OMG from http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/destinations-natio...eneral/1057440/

Ordered some food and the burger came with plasic packaging still on it.

The waterfall changed hands a coule of years back and went to shit immediately. Same food, just they were unable to cook and serve it. Went in twice when under new management, and both times the manager had a slanging match with an unhappy customer in front of diners.

Getting back to the shower of shit that is Eden park, two of us ordered small food and coffees. My eggs on toast never showed up. When I politely asked for it again, they came out in two minutes with raw albumen in abundance. Got my money back and blacklisted them!!!

Have to say the Cafe at the MSPCA is good, Went last week and the prices are very resonable and everything freshly cooked. They have a great chocolate mousse cake too.

Curious...I handed in a stray cat that very same colour there last week :o

• 3 weeks later...

Eden Park

Blindingly expensive, the worst service i have ever seen

Last time i went 8 people walked out after waiting over an hour for their soup to arrive

The manager also had a pop back at the customer complaining to him and saying he had waited long enough

All the staff were young girls giggling and messing around and the "manager" was hiding in the kitchen and didn't seem to be doing what his job title suggests he should be.

I was surprised given that the place looks quite nice and is extortionate

• 1 year later...

Visited Eden Park cafe today with two friends.

A jacket potato w prawns and salmon turned out to be half a jacket potato, the inside scooped out and mixed w mystery fish and chilli and left under a heat lamp for a bit too long. The chilli was a surprise as it wasn't mentioned on the menu. This came w/o salad garnish and looked really pathetic in a large soup bowl.

They brought my toasted baguette cold (hadn't been heated) and forgot the other j potato w cheese. No apology.

My toasted baguette arrived, delicious, fresh crusty bread, real butter, real ham, melty cheese. Iceburg lettuce and grated carrot garnish. I asked for the second jacket for the second time and the waitress told me we hadn't paid for it and walked off. I called her back and asked her to bring it anyway and explained that I'd get up and pay afterward. Still no apology.

Lemon drizzle cake was stale. Grubby cutlery.

Half a "salmon and prawn" jp as described above arrived, but with salad this time. Shame it wasn't what we ordered.

We have been recently a couple of times, it is pricey and the service is run by staff too young to get into High School Musical. I had the chunky bacon and veg soup, it was OK, only just warm and the only bit of chunkiness related to the price; the 'chunks' of meat would have been insufficient for DNA testing.

Shame really, because we watched plates of Sunday roast being served and they looked like good home cooked fayre, but the snack we had and the service put me off even contemplating hanging up the oven gloves for a Sunday.

Eden Park is one of many eating places on the island I have only been to ONCE! I can only assume that these places are not interested in repeat custom, indeed many seem indifferent as to whether they run a business or not. They must have other sources of income that enable them to run their cafe/restaurant etc as a hobby.

But there's always Ramsey Swimming Pool Cafe and a handful of others worth going back to.

PS Has anyone mentioned the chicken curry on Ben-my-Chree? Can't fault it - in fact, I think I feel a ferry trip coming along soon. Pity they don't do take-aways!

Edited to add - just booked it Birkenhead to Douglas. The weather forecast isn't good but I will hang onto the curry for as long as I can!

I love the cakes at eden park, but do think they are incredibly overpriced. Tend to only visit maybe once a year as a treat, and the only reason is good carparking. Tend to go around christmas to show Mother-In-Law the christmas decorations and do a little bit of christmas shopping, with cake as a treat. Wouldn't go there normally.

Agreed. I try to avoid the place now - even though I'd quite like to see the pretty lights and Christmas deccies - as it is impossible to get out of there without spending money with kids, and that cafe is so overpriced (and agree about the poor service).

You can't beat Harbour lights cafe IMO for value for money and pleasant staff.

Went there a couple of weeks ago,nice shop etc,but never tried the cafe the previous times we have been there,this time we did,what a expensive mistake,one pot of tea for two,[only one cup each]two ham/cheese baguettes toasted,witha little garnish of lettuce etc,price £13.70.

I don't think I will do it again,thank god for Harrys in the market.

Archived