The Tt Course

keyboarder

I know it's a long way round and that, but where are the most dangerous corners (or otherwise) on the course? Are there any that are pretty much guaranteed to have one or more riders come off every year? And which are the corners that have claimed the most lives or serious injuries in the history of road racing on the island? And ditto for Mad Sunday with particular respect to the mountain section. I realise these circumstances are different, but is there a rogue's gallery so to speak of corners for non racing bikers? (Competition that is, lol,lol.... ; ) )

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you sat at the Gooseneck for a few hours on Mad Sunday you'd probably see at least a few bikers coming off. As it's a low speed corner there are never any serious injuries - just scratched fairings, snapped off mirrors and bruised egos.

Edited to say: You blood-thirsty animal!

I know it's a long way round and that, but where are the most dangerous corners (or otherwise) on the course? Are there any that are pretty much guaranteed to have one or more riders come off every year? And which are the corners that have claimed the most lives or serious injuries in the history of road racing on the island? And ditto for Mad Sunday with particular respect to the mountain section. I realise these circumstances are different, but is there a rogue's gallery so to speak of corners for non racing bikers? (Competition that is, lol,lol.... ; ) )

Any corner that you are riding on that I am able to set my shotgun up in time for.

Incredible, whoever put it up thought ...

This video is designed as a tribute and remembrance to the 225 people that have died on the Isle of Man TT Snaefell mountain course (1911 to 2008) during both the Tourist Trophy (TT) and the Manx Grand Prix (MGP) races/practices.

Can you believe that?

Incredible, whoever put it up thought ...

This video is designed as a tribute and remembrance to the 225 people that have died on the Isle of Man TT Snaefell mountain course (1911 to 2008) during both the Tourist Trophy (TT) and the Manx Grand Prix (MGP) races/practices.

Can you believe that?

I thought it was quite poignant - clearly showed the relative risk they put themselves at - better than just a list of names and a sad song surely? Most of them seem to get forgotten.

Archived