Keep The Isle Of Man White & Free From Foreigners

cassettiespagetie

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fully aware that there are some English here who appreciate our island for what it is - Manx. I also suspect, sadly, that they are a minority. So many of your fellow English don't appreciate the island in the same way as you. Take the plonker who tries to introduce 'traditional' hunting in St Johns each Boxing Day. Plus of course the majority who are here either for tax dodging purposes, or employment. Look at so many of the postings to this forum - Comeovers Corner - seems appropriate?

Wherever your home is - Lancashire, Staffordshire, Surrey or Hampshire for example, I don't know and don't really care. However of you were living in your native land how would you feel if, about 10k, Manx people turned up and started trying to convert your English county into a Manx clone? Naturally it isn't going to happen but please try and be objective it would create a shit load of resentment wouldn't it?

What is it about being Manx that you wish to protect? Tynwald? That's from Norway. The language? It's a mix of Irish and Scottish Gaelics. The chavs in the bottleneck? They all came from england as little shell suit wrapped eggs. Cultures change, populations mix, it's important to remember where you came from, but that doesn't mean you have to stay that way forever.

What is it about you that prefers to ingratiate yourself with the English?

If half the local idiots here had their way mentioning any fault about the Isle of Man would be a criminal offence for anyone who wasn't born here. Or for anyone who isn't "special" enough to have that stamp in their passport.

smooks - I absolutely think that you are a bigot and an ignoramus. This place is what it is, and if you don't like it, well the solution is clearly set out in the ferry timetable. That's what people do when they don't like where they live - they move.

Hahahahahaha An English comeover telling a Manxman to get the boat. Sort of sums you arrogant, ignorant, wankers up.

Except I didn't come over, dick head (but oh so very typical of you to leap to that conclusion) - I was born here. People who are unhappy with the place they inhabit have three choices: leave, improve it, or whine like a little bitch about it. You've tried the third option, clearly to no avail. Why don't you try one of the others?

Perhaps you didn't comeover yourself but I bet your parents did.

If you'd been born in China would that make you Chinese?

The Scottish? Well I disagree for a number of reasons;

C. The only elements of their culture that they have successfully exported are golf, tartan, bagpipes, shortbread, 'enlightenment' logics, pass and move football, and whisky - all of which I like.

Television, phones, penicillin,tarmac, steam engines, fax machines, Logarithms (damn you (shakes fist!!) and the decimal point to name but a few!

Woot!

Yea, what have the romans scots ever done for us?

You bet right. The numbers of "natives" would be smaller still if you excluded people in my situation, and listening to idiots such as you, that can only be a good thing. We can only hope that it dwindles further!

Yes.

You appear to be deliberately blurring nationality and genetics - usually a trick of the BNP and their ilk made necessary when they have to "explain" why black britons aren't really British even though they were born in Birmingham.

You bet right. The numbers of "natives" would be smaller still if you excluded people in my situation, and listening to idiots such as you, that can only be a good thing. We can only hope that it dwindles further!

Your view, one thing however is that you'll never be Manx so long as there's hole in your arse.

Yes.

You appear to be deliberately blurring nationality and genetics - usually a trick of the BNP and their ilk made necessary when they have to "explain" why black britons aren't really British even though they were born in Birmingham.

Oh dear (yet) another comeover trying to pretend that they're Manx.

There's no way that I'm a right wing nutter but the English attempts to make us English really piss me, and many others, off. You people can't seem to understand that it's not your presence here which is a problem, it's your attempts (albeit unwitting) to make us English which rankles,

Anyway Tugger, I'm off. This place is misnamed - 'Manx Forums' - a joke, a better title would be 'Comeovers Corner'.

There's the odd yuppy English sycophant like Slim but most of us, real Manx, will always see the English as interlopers and out of place here.

All you pretend (English) Manxies no doubt you'll get on your high horses and denigrate me, fair enough we're all entitled to an opinion. Thing is though I'm just putting into words what most of us real Manx think.

Bye I'm gone now and won't be back, you lot can continue waffling about the Isle of Man, presenting the English view naturally. Still it is comeovers corner after all.

I think our difference of opinion may rest on the definition of backward.

My definition would be 'towards the past', which is definitely the way you're facing. What would your definition be?

Most Manx people are not bigots. The Manx are probably the best friends the English have, and that is something to be proud of. It is one thing to be concerned about the massive demographic change, another thing entirely to make judgements about people based on where they were born, the way they speak, or the way they look. To willfully ignore, reject or disdain people with different backgrounds to your own is just ignorant because you are denying yourself one of the great joys of life - exploring the diversity of human experience. There is an argument to be made that, whilst there are more English people on the island now than ever, there are also more Manx people on the island than ever too - because more people are being born here and can see a future here than ever - although I have concerns about how sustainable this is. I'm sorry if you don't like the idea Smooks, but if you grow up here then you cannot be anything else but from here, in other words, Manx. If you also happen to have family in another part of the world, well more power to you, but you're still Manx.

Archived