Islandbooks

bluemonday

We are planning to be open some time after TT has passed us by.

This store will be the biggest outlet for Fantasy and Gaming merchandise the Isle of Man has seen.

Any questions can be directed to myself or the guys currently working in Island Books.

Cheers

i thought this place was your fantasy outlet.. ..

sound business planning opening after the 40,000 visitors go home aswell.

opening a shop takes a little longer than 5 mins, give the guys a chance :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are planning to be open some time after TT has passed us by.

This store will be the biggest outlet for Fantasy and Gaming merchandise the Isle of Man has seen.

Any questions can be directed to myself or the guys currently working in Island Books.

Cheers

i thought this place was your fantasy outlet.. ..

sound business planning opening after the 40,000 visitors go home aswell.

Better we get everything right first time than rush ahead for TT and make a hash of it.

what a lovely polite answer .. amazing .. i suppose its because you dont want your advert .. sorry thread turning to the usual dog poo eh.

good luck with the venture .. takes balls to set up on your own.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update...

Unfortunatly the bricks and mortar shop will not be happening due to financial problems.

We will be however operating an E-Shop and will be taking in orders.

At the moment we will only be stocking TCG (Trading Card Games) and Comic/Graphic Novels but will be expanding to cover Roleplay Games and misc geekery in the near future.

Check us out at www.infinityasylum.com (we're still setting up the site but are open for business).

I think that attacking this website because of its apperance is a bit unfair as he said its still under construction and the idea behind it is very good. It would be great to have an isle of man dedicated gaming website people could give some constructive advice instead of slating. Lets give it a chance and if it sucks in 2 months then so be it

I think that attacking this website because of its apperance is a bit unfair as he said its still under construction and the idea behind it is very good. It would be great to have an isle of man dedicated gaming website people could give some constructive advice instead of slating. Lets give it a chance and if it sucks in 2 months then so be it

I made that website leave it alone

It looks better now - but why " HALF PRICE POSTAGE & PACKAGING TO ISLE OF MAN CUSTOMS."

Agreed. Although to my elderly eyes the site is disconcerting but tolerable.

Disappointed that there'll be no physical location but I have put the site up as a favourite and will drop in to see how they build it up but I'm not one for browsing a site like I would a shop. I bought a fair old amount of games and game stuff from Island Books because there was someone there to talk to and inform me about the product. The only guaranteed purchase they got off me was KODT once a month but as I enjoyed dropping in whenever I passed they must have taken about 50 times that per month in incidental sales.

I do shop locally where possible and odd though it may be, I have no issues with ordering through a Manx site rather than from a site for a London shop (you know who they are).

No I am the "Webmaster" for the Infinity Asylum website. Oddly enough as I am not an expert web designer, the site may look a little ragged to start with but with time and attention I hope to improve and grow the site.

Um...I'm sure the guys at IOM Customs are nice guys.

Thanks for the spot on the mistake.

If anyone else spots any mistakes please contact us at info@infinityasylum.com

Archived