Islandbooks

bluemonday

Isn't anybody worried by all the fantasy fans who actually believe in the fantasy stories about a supernatural being who rules the universe and has legions of winged servants? They all meet at least once a week in various locations around the island, led by someone who dresses up in strange pseudo-archaic clothing and try and appease this non-existant being by telling how great he is.

Now that's worrying.

Not particularly, their numbers are dwindling

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes im sure your right, I mean Grown men trying to sell roleplay games, graphic novels,energy drinks and video game related equipment... so immature im sure all of the 1.2 billion pounds fantasy and rp industry and the 7.2 billion pounds gaming industry are all run by spotty 13 year olds in their basements.

You will find alot of "adults" Like grapic novels, computer games, roleplay games, starwars memoribilia etc etc etc etc , just because you think its childish really dosent make it so but dont take my word for it why dont you ask some of the other people who contribute to that 8.4 billion pound combined industry im sure they will all fall at your feet and agree its childish.

OR NOT............

People will spend money on any old tat these days :lol:

It used to be railway sets...I suppose when a grown man is unable to sustain a healthy relationship with his wife then it's either life in the shed listening to radio 4, upstairs in the attic playing with train sets or middle earth looking for some rings :lol:

Isn't anybody worried by all the fantasy fans who actually believe in the fantasy stories about a supernatural being who rules the universe and has legions of winged servants? They all meet at least once a week in various locations around the island, led by someone who dresses up in strange pseudo-archaic clothing and try and appease this non-existant being by telling how great he is.

Now that's worrying.

Yes I'm worried about that but what can we do? Cast a spell on them?

Roll 2D6 and here........ use my +1 mace. :)

be careful they have a cloak of ignorance which give them 2 rerolls of failed saving throws!!

Oh yes im sure your right, I mean Grown men trying to sell roleplay games, graphic novels,energy drinks and video game related equipment... so immature im sure all of the 1.2 billion pounds fantasy and rp industry and the 7.2 billion pounds gaming industry are all run by spotty 13 year olds in their basements.

You will find alot of "adults" Like grapic novels, computer games, roleplay games, starwars memoribilia etc etc etc etc , just because you think its childish really dosent make it so but dont take my word for it why dont you ask some of the other people who contribute to that 8.4 billion pound combined industry im sure they will all fall at your feet and agree its childish.

OR NOT............

Surprisingly I find myself agreeing with Matt Boredom on this one. Adults who are into this are a bit creepy.

Whats with the selling pseudo energy drinks thing anyway? What's that got to do with "gaming"

Weird

No more weird than possesing a false identity and moaning to the world via the Tinternet... live and let live hey..

Now that's worrying.

Yes I'm worried about that but what can we do? Cast a spell on them?

Roll 2D6 and here........ use my +1 mace. :)

be careful they have a cloak of ignorance which give them 2 rerolls of failed saving throws!!

Arrr D&D the good old days...lol

• 11 months later...

Archived