Islandbooks

bluemonday

I think that attacking this website because of its apperance is a bit unfair as he said its still under construction and the idea behind it is very good. It would be great to have an isle of man dedicated gaming website people could give some constructive advice instead of slating. Lets give it a chance and if it sucks in 2 months then so be it

OK, constructive advice - don't launch something which looks half-baked and crap. People will look at it once and not come back. It's no good saying, "come back in two months", most people won't.

Also have a look at any of the thousands of pages about good web design principles to give you some ideas about what not to do. Like thisYou don't want to end up on here

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is going on, you are all grown men and yet you are fannying about with fantasy role playing games dressed as gandalf and getting all excited cos someone has smited an elf...christ and my wife calls me immature at times...I'm gonna show her this :lol:

What the hell is going on, you are all grown men and yet you are fannying about with fantasy role playing games dressed as gandalf and getting all excited cos someone has smited an elf...christ and my wife calls me immature at times...I'm gonna show her this :lol:

At least while they're doing this they're not breeding!

Oh yes im sure your right, I mean Grown men trying to sell roleplay games, graphic novels,energy drinks and video game related equipment... so immature im sure all of the 1.2 billion pounds fantasy and rp industry and the 7.2 billion pounds gaming industry are all run by spotty 13 year olds in their basements.

You will find alot of "adults" Like grapic novels, computer games, roleplay games, starwars memoribilia etc etc etc etc , just because you think its childish really dosent make it so but dont take my word for it why dont you ask some of the other people who contribute to that 8.4 billion pound combined industry im sure they will all fall at your feet and agree its childish.

OR NOT............

Oh yes im sure your right, I mean Grown men trying to sell roleplay games, graphic novels,energy drinks and video game related equipment... so immature im sure all of the 1.2 billion pounds fantasy and rp industry and the 7.2 billion pounds gaming industry are all run by spotty 13 year olds in their basements.

You will find alot of "adults" Like grapic novels, computer games, roleplay games, starwars memoribilia etc etc etc etc , just because you think its childish really dosent make it so but dont take my word for it why dont you ask some of the other people who contribute to that 8.4 billion pound combined industry im sure they will all fall at your feet and agree its childish.

OR NOT............

Surprisingly I find myself agreeing with Matt Boredom on this one. Adults who are into this are a bit creepy.

Whats with the selling pseudo energy drinks thing anyway? What's that got to do with "gaming"

Weird

Lots of people fantasise, from authors to actors to leather in the bedroom. Why's it suddenly immature if they fantasise about wizards?

At least most of the people who are into stuff like this can distinguish fantasy from reality - considering some of the crazy shite you actually believe, it's probably a good thing you aren't into gaming.

(This from someone who has never played a role-playing game or dressed as a wizard, etc. but has no problem with people enjoying harmless make-believe)

i did want to write a clear and concise rebuttal to the above drivel, showing the evident displacement issues the author has in that he feels so wretched that he has to drag down those around him to feel remotely good about himself at the expense of these lads doing the fantasy gaming. i was also going to explain that fantasy gaming is as valid as any other pastime, tv, reading, sports etc but then i just couldnt be bothered with the psyco-babel.

so instead i'll just call him a twat.

TWAT!

i did want to write a clear and concise rebuttal to the above drivel, showing the evident displacement issues the author has in that he feels so wretched that he has to drag down those around him to feel remotely good about himself at the expense of these lads doing the fantasy gaming. i was also going to explain that fantasy gaming is as valid as any other pastime, tv, reading, sports etc but then i just couldnt be bothered with the psyco-babel.

TWAT!

A clear and concise rebuttal wouldn't have been very convincing anyway from someone who imagines he's Bruce Lee.

TWAT!

A clear and concise rebuttal wouldn't have been very convincing anyway from someone who imagines he's Bruce Lee.

i see myself as more of an Imanari Masakazu than a bruce Lee type, you gotta be more up to date, i mean come on, Bruce Lee is dead.

Isn't anybody worried by all the fantasy fans who actually believe in the fantasy stories about a supernatural being who rules the universe and has legions of winged servants? They all meet at least once a week in various locations around the island, led by someone who dresses up in strange pseudo-archaic clothing and try and appease this non-existant being by telling how great he is.

Now that's worrying.

Isn't anybody worried by all the fantasy fans who actually believe in the fantasy stories about a supernatural being who rules the universe and has legions of winged servants? They all meet at least once a week in various locations around the island, led by someone who dresses up in strange pseudo-archaic clothing and try and appease this non-existant being by telling how great he is.

Now that's worrying.

Yes I'm worried about that but what can we do? Cast a spell on them?

Archived