Islandbooks

bluemonday

Saw posters in the window - closing down sale - big reductions on books etc.

What a shame.

Bought some good stuff from there.

Waterstones will have less competition now I suppose.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, great shop for my star wars stuff..

I hear its due to landlords problems.

Company also owns St Pauls Bookshop in Ramsey, so maybe i will need to drive to Ramsey to get novels now.

It was quite good when it first opened but its seems to have gone down hill drasticly in the last few months.

I geuss its back to buying books online.

Could that not be one of the reasons it has gone down hill drasticly in the last few months, travel to Ramsey and support them that way :)

It was quite good when it first opened but its seems to have gone down hill drasticly in the last few months.

I geuss its back to buying books online.

Could that not be one of the reasons it has gone down hill drasticly in the last few months, travel to Ramsey and support them that way :)

I will happily drive to Ramsey and support the shop there, but this may be a problem in the next few weeks with the road closures.

Not something I would admit lightly.

Bah, call em Comics and people think you're a kid, call em graphic novels and people think you're a perv!

Shame it's closing, good shop, bought quite a bit of stuff there and the kids liked their selection of trading card stuff too.

Just to let everyone know that although Island Books is closing there will be a new "Gaming/Hobbies" shop opening soon in Douglas that will stock Comics/Graphic novels, Collectable Card Games, Roleplay Games, Board Games and Collectables. Also a Games Workshop franchise is in the pipeline.

Just to let everyone know that although Island Books is closing there will be a new "Gaming/Hobbies" shop opening soon in Douglas that will stock Comics/Graphic novels, Collectable Card Games, Roleplay Games, Board Games and Collectables. Also a Games Workshop franchise is in the pipeline.

Good news for the geeks! I will support this endeavor! I went into island books hoping to pick up some nerdy bargains, but none of that stuff was being sold off. Now I know why!

Comic_Book_Guy.jpg

You got the same story from the staff as well.. I really hope one does open, or my Star Wars Miniatures will suffer !!!!

Buy' ngop! I trust all the staff will be fluent in Klingon.

Archived