Tt Debrief

bluemonday

Facebook groups mean fuck all, I am in one called what do i do if a ginger kid bites me. They are not the views of the general public, but rather groups created that will amount to nothing.

Oh and my 2 pence was that it was just Douglas entertainment that was guff, everywhere else and the racing was great.

What do you do if a ginger kid bites you?

If you have been bitten by a Ginger Kid immediately wash the wound with soap and water. If you have alcohol or peroxide apply it to the wound

From here

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading elsewhere, the budget was increased this year to 2.8 million. TTGXP must have took a fair whack, people on iomonline suggest Rossi bagged 230k!? (not clear if this was from the sponsors or gov) - and the Villa must have cost some - perhaps they were trying to get some guaranteed ROI with the closed nature of the Villa? That all said - what did they do 15 years ago, before jet bikes, stunt shows etc?

Reading elsewhere, the budget was increased this year to 2.8 million. TTGXP must have took a fair whack, people on iomonline suggest Rossi bagged 230k!? (not clear if this was from the sponsors or gov) - and the Villa must have cost some - perhaps they were trying to get some guaranteed ROI with the closed nature of the Villa? That all said - what did they do 15 years ago, before jet bikes, stunt shows etc?

The bikers made their own entertainment in part but the fun police seem to have put an end to that now.

Also the pubs & clubs made much more of an effort

*harks back to the days of The Pitstop and The Bikeshed and more strippers than you can possibly handle*

when coming back from senior tt on friday , we were handed a TT questionaire regarding the entertainment by the lady who lives near the grandstand who has all the bears in her garden.

never seen the forms anywhere else

you could even win a tt official jacket for filling it in lol

what did they do 15 years ago, before jet bikes, stunt shows etc?

Bushy's pub was still open. People used to sit outside there where the clock is and bike people rode passed pulling wheelies and naked and stuff.

when coming back from senior tt on friday , we were handed a TT questionaire regarding the entertainment by the lady who lives near the grandstand who has all the bears in her garden.

never seen the forms anywhere else

you could even win a tt official jacket for filling it in lol

They were also on the bar at the Beer tent most afternoons so the locals on the piss would have filled them in.

There was nothing in Douglas outside the 'Villa Morosa', Peel and Ramsey made an effort.

Bikers, after a hot and dusty day at the races, want a drink and a laugh. Why don't the dept of tourism realise that, Cretney did and got pushed out by the powers that be. Anyone with a fresh ideas is crushed by the ruling party for 'the greater good' meaning cheap entertainment at maximum prices.

20+ years ago many (?most) of the visitors would have stayed in Douglas - I recall the what seemed like thousands of bikes lined up along the prom - thus any entertainment in that area only required an easy walk home - now it seems the visiting bikers are widely dispersed - restrictions on drink driving must influence many bikers, late night transport is available but not always cheap.

If Bushy's want more entertainment on the prom then maybe they should help pay for it. I mean, who benefits from this after all...

I'd rather my taxes were spent on something else by DTL. Maybe promoting the IOM for the other 50 weeks of the year?

Most TT visitors don't stay in Douglas now. The tent was full of locals the times I went.

If you have been bitten by a Ginger Kid immediately wash the wound with soap and water. If you have alcohol or peroxide apply it to the wound

From here

I have just seen someone called Manxginger reading this thread.

This advice could turn out to be very useful

I've already printed it out and attached to the fridge with a Laxey Wheel magnet thing. Let's hope none of us ever have cause to refer to it eh?

20+ years ago many (?most) of the visitors would have stayed in Douglas - I recall the what seemed like thousands of bikes lined up along the prom - thus any entertainment in that area only required an easy walk home - now it seems the visiting bikers are widely dispersed - restrictions on drink driving must influence many bikers, late night transport is available but not always cheap.

20 years ago bike racing in general was a bigger sport. Motorcycle racing as a sport in general has been in decline since, at least, the 70s and probably longer.

20 years ago a majority of the British public would have been able to name at least one person who raced motorbikes. Probably 2.

Today most people in Britain could not name a single person who races bikes. The sport is heading in the direction which darts went. Name a current darts player.

I'm not down on the TT btw. Just being honest.

The electric race has a potential future as a completely different event attracting a different and TV audience.

20 years ago a majority of the British public would have been able to name at least one person who raced motorbikes. Probably 2.

Today most people in Britain could not name a single person who races bikes. The sport is heading in the direction which darts went. Name a current darts player.

I certainly don't follow darts but am aware of this chap - Phil "The power" Taylor. I claim my prize

I certainly don't follow darts but am aware of this chap - Phil "The power" Taylor. I claim my prize

Super, smashing, great !! It's a bulllllseye!! "You can't beat a bit of Bully!" You've won a caravan.

Archived