Kaiser Chiefs Next Week

oogie boogie

The local support band was dissapointing, it was just too loud, when it didn't need to be? Sounds like a decent band too, but most of that was just noise

That's kind of the point but it's good to hear some varied feedback. Erm pun no intended there :)

It was our first time on that stage and the soundman did a good job I think keeping in mind he didn't know any of the songs and didn't know when we were going to up the volume. He did give me a nervous laugh afterwards about the very end of the set. I'll try and tone that pedal back a bit for the Pigs gig.

@Modey - out of interest, where were you stood? just because i was standing in the middle of the dancefloor and was absolutely loving the sound! sounded great at the soundcheck too? maybe Anglin (sound guy) turned it up a bit when he seen the size of the crowd.

Planes over Paris are one of my favourite manx bands, make me so excited, just wanna dance my little socks off! POP - i thought you rocked! so did everyone we all spoke to after the gig. cant wait for the Pigs on the Wing gig with POP support! i just know its gonna blow everyone away!

@Modey - out of interest, where were you stood? just because i was standing in the middle of the dancefloor and was absolutely loving the sound! sounded great at the soundcheck too? maybe Anglin (sound guy) turned it up a bit when he seen the size of the crowd.

Planes over Paris are one of my favourite manx bands, make me so excited, just wanna dance my little socks off! POP - i thought you rocked! so did everyone we all spoke to after the gig. cant wait for the Pigs on the Wing gig with POP support! i just know its gonna blow everyone away!

I was stood just to the right of the stage as you look at it, not right at the front, back a bit.

Not having a go at the band at all btw, i just thought the sound was too loud to appreciate the music, others i was with said the same

I wish they'd just install something to help dampen down the reverb of the room. If they put it on some sort of pulley or electronic system they can roll them up for orchestral concerts which rely on the natural reverb of a room and pull them down for bands / dj's etc are on.

There are sections of that room where the sound is a nightmare to listen to, I don't know the mega science of sound so I wouldn't know why it happens but it needs to be sorted out.

Hiya, firstly a big massive stonking thank you to Lenny Conroy for wednesday night, he really knows how to run these types of events. He really does deserve a huge amount of credit, him and his Triskel team allowed the whole day to run without a hitch.

As for the sound, yeah we've had people who loved it and other who said it was ropey. I've seen quite afew bands play the VM and in all honesty it seems to be a tough room to get the sound right. Can't say anything other than good things about the on stage sound, that was spot on for us. I thought the sound for the KC was very good, though i've noted that people on the KC's website forum have posted that they thought it wasnt a good a sound as previous KC gigs they'd attended. But hay, its all part of the great thing that is live music. I'd like to thank Anglin for doing the sound for us, we had a great first experience of playing the VM, its a beautiful room to play in.

Thanks to anyone who gave us a listen and to those who bought EP's.

Hiya, firstly a big massive stonking thank you to Lenny Conroy for wednesday night, he really knows how to run these types of events. He really does deserve a huge amount of credit, him and his Triskel team allowed the whole day to run without a hitch.

As for the sound, yeah we've had people who loved it and other who said it was ropey. I've seen quite afew bands play the VM and in all honesty it seems to be a tough room to get the sound right. Can't say anything other than good things about the on stage sound, that was spot on for us. I thought the sound for the KC was very good, though i've noted that people on the KC's website forum have posted that they thought it wasnt a good a sound as previous KC gigs they'd attended. But hay, its all part of the great thing that is live music. I'd like to thank Anglin for doing the sound for us, we had a great first experience of playing the VM, its a beautiful room to play in.

It's not the Oscars you know.

Funnily enough KB, I think he sounded much better at the VM. He wasn't trying so hard (and breathlessly) I suppose.

Maybe the live experience and the proximity to some real celebs off of the telly and that allows the less discerning ear to turn a blind eye, so to speak, lol,lol, to a touch of unintentional atonality.

It's not the Oscars you know.

No, but it's polite to say 'thank you' to those who've helped contribute to a great experience :)

Archived