Favorite Line

Miss Steak

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Heeeere's Johnny!"

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

"And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME WASHING HIS TIGHTS!"

And a bit of a long one:

"Never, never interrupt me, okay? Not if there is a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hankie to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint. Even then, don't come knocking. Or, if it's election night, and you're excited and you wanna celebrate because some fudgepacker you date has been elected the first queer president of the United States, and he's going to have you down to Camp David, and you want someone to share the moment with. Even then, don't knock. Not on this door. Not for any reason. Do you get me sweetheart?"

Just a few Jack Nicholson classics. :)

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

[Tommy has shot Spider]

Jimmy Conway: I'm fucking kidding with you; you fucking shoot the guy?

Henry Hill: He's dead.

Tommy DeVito: I'm a good shot, what do you want from me? I'm a good shot.

Anthony Stabile: How could you miss at this distance?

If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help.

For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again

[Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging up Billy Batts' decomposed corpse. Henry is coughing from the stench, while the others don't appear to be bothered]

Tommy DeVito: Hey, Henry, Henry, hurry up, will ya? My mother's gonna make some fried peppers and sausage for us.

[Jimmy and Tommy laugh while Henry coughs]

Jimmy Conway: Oh, hey, Henry, Henry! Here's an arm!

Henry Hill: Very funny, guys.

Jimmy Conway: Here's a leg!

Tommy DeVito: Here's a wing!

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: . Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? Or ya still go for the old hearts and lungs?

Henry Hill: [Vomiting] Oh, that's so bad!

For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?

Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.

Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Henry Hill: Jus...

Tommy DeVito: What?

Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.

Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

All from Goodfellas.

We've gone on holiday by mistake.

these are the sort of windows faces look in at.

Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50's each, means we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning.

This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

I must say, that represents a level of hypocrisy in you that I'd previously suspected, but not noticed due to your highly evasive skills.

Withnail & I

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

made my hairs stand on end just even reading that :D

I'm Brian, and so's my wife.

Can we have your liver?

Withnail: [having just drunk a bottle of lighter fluid] Got any more?

Marwood: No. I have nothing.

Withnail: Liar. What's in your toolbox.

Marwood: Nothing.

Withnail: Liar. You've got antifreeze.

Marwood: You bloody fool. You should never mix your drinks.

also from Withnail & I

Maj. Major M. Major: Sergeant, from now on, I don't want anyone to come in to see me while I'm in my office. Is that clear?

Sgt. Towser: Yes, sir. What do I say to people who want to come in and see you while you're in your office?

Maj. Major M. Major: Tell them I'm in and ask them to wait.

Sgt. Towser: For how long?

Maj. Major M. Major: Until I've left.

Sgt. Towser: And then what do I do with them?

Maj. Major M. Major: I don't care.

Sgt. Towser: May I send people in to see you after you've left?

Maj. Major M. Major: Yes.

Sgt. Towser: You won't be here then, will you?

Maj. Major M. Major: No.

"I will never forget the look on their faces. All eight of them. Their faces dropped. All their courage and strength was drained right from their bodies. They had a reputation for breaking up bars, but they knew that instant, they'd made a fatal mistake. This time they walked into the wrong bar."

Eraserhead:

'I put every damn pipe in this neighborhood. People think that pipes grow in their homes. But they sure as hell don't! Look at my knees! Look at my knees!'

Archived