Noyhing In The Shops?

Topaz

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Argh. McDonalds have ran out of burgers.

And there was me thinking they were locally produced.

they buy manx beef and it is shipped to england to be made into burgers.

This was the sap to them to get their franchise approved. The meat in the burgers here is probaby taken from a beef bank to which their purchase of manx beef is added. Thats a great question for their 'ask us anything' site. What proportion of your burgers are Manx?

This was the sap to them to get their franchise approved. The meat in the burgers here is probaby taken from a beef bank to which their purchase of manx beef is added. Thats a great question for their 'ask us anything' site. What proportion of your burgers are Manx?

Mcdonalds dont use any manx beef - that was stopped quite a few years ago - i cant remember when but i know its definitely not manx.

What were you planning to make with the lentils? I am visualising a sort of turkey shaped lentil roast.....It seems, and this is true, that there really is a shortage of lentils world wide. OK scoff, go on then, but India isn't producing as many lentils as usual. :(

See here..

In the United States, prices for Indian lentils have increased by one hundred percent or more in recent months. Some stores sold all their lentils and have been unable to get more.

A poor harvest has been blamed for the shortage of dal in India. Reports say people started to hold back supplies. Recently, the Associated Press reported that prices for things like lentils and sugar rose more than twenty percent in India.

Rising prices caused the Indian government to ban exports of lentils in June. India is not expected to end the ban until next year.

India’s effort to control inflation has not only led to high prices in the United States. Reports from Bangladesh say that country is also experiencing higher prices for lentils. Many South Asian communities around the world also have been affected.

India and Canada are the world’s biggest producers of lentils. The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations says India produced about one million metric tons last year. But Indian farmers grow many different kinds that are not grown in other countries. That is why many people of Indian ancestry want to cook with Indian dal instead of other lentils.

Anyway, heres a new recipe, without lentils. :)

TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing! :)

Mcdonalds dont use any manx beef - that was stopped quite a few years ago - i cant remember when but i know its definitely not manx.

is it even beef?

is it even beef?

Its Horse meat straight from France.! Man in the Pub told me ! :rolleyes:

expand your horizons

I have eaten horse and it was a bit of a let down really, I was expecting a really really amazing taste, especially after all it was hyped up to be. Though no where near as bad as wild venison. Ugghhh! Bloody horrible, sadly has put me off eating Bambi for ever.

I know the French will eat anything with a pulse or anything that has hopes of having a pulse. But it's the sauce that comes with it. Horses, snails, Mussels. They (99% of the time) always come with a very rich sauce.

Now I like my home reared meat, anything that had a pet name will always taste so so good. Kobe beef will always take second place to a Dexter Bull calf cald Cyril. I don't think I've ever had beef as fine as what he provided.

Nom nom nom!

Archived