Massive Overhaul Of Govt Depts Proposed By Tony Brown

Declan

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I followed that correctly, the amendment by Waterson to derail the Brown plan failed 12-11 and as a result the rebels threw the towel in Brown original motion carried with a substantial majority.

Whether this really represents a credible mandate for Brown, only time will tell...............

wattasons and gawns admenments had to go down to a last vote.

gawns won by 2 votes i think so it was his admemments that was passed.

if it was wattasons that won the whole thing would not have been passed.

well from what i can figure out.

so agri moved to new section and brown gets his resuffle

Will we find out who voted which way?

We should do, the outcome of votes and how people voted is usually recorded in the Hansards, check the High Court of Tynwald records under Early Publications on the tynwald site. It might be a pain to get to the vote, so it's usually worth searching the Pdf for 'division' 'voting' and/or 'electronic' (the method by which the vote is usually conducted) to take you to the relevant bits.

I'm impressed that Watterson's amendment got as much support as it did, 12-11 is a fairly convincing demonstration that rebellion in in the air. If he hadn't been so ambitious and restricted his amendment to further scrutiny of the overhaul, rather than tying it in with his own report so early on, he may have succeeded.

We should do, the outcome of votes and how people voted is usually recorded in the Hansards, check the High Court of Tynwald records under Early Publications on the tynwald site. It might be a pain to get to the vote, so it's usually worth searching the Pdf for 'division' 'voting' and/or 'electronic' (the method by which the vote is usually conducted) to take you to the relevant bits.

Not so, they vote orally, and the electronic vote is only taken if a division is called for.

Archived