Roadworks Watch

Silentbob

Sparx does have a point.

I think we're all aware of that, jimbms. But if we own up to it we won't be able to indulge in the national sport of griping, will we?

My honest view is that the island's roads - in general - are far worse than they were a few years ago. But I also take the view that its much more the responsibility of misguided management than anything else.

Its good to know that the most misguided manager in the history of road building is leaving his post soon.

Very true terse, sorry. But I do have to say (and I wont go into details with examples as I have done so twice in the last 2 weeks) that roads in the UK are in a far worse state and they are doing even less to repair them as they can't afford it. I have to disagree with you in some way about BH, I cannot comment on his management skills but his engineering skills are first class and to add a little point the new bloke is already in place and has been for a while now.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lighten up ffs its traditional in the island nobody rushes you make the job last so as you dont run outta work simples.

Anyway i think this thread should be called DOT busters.

A little ditty.

and some music to chirrup along to.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

If you in a jam in your neighbourhood

who you gonna call..?

chorus.

DOT busters.

if theres a great big hole and it dont look good.

who ya gonna call

chorus.

DOT busters.

i cant hear you, who ya gonna call.

chorus.

DOT busters.

bob aint affaid of no boast.

chorus.

DOT busters.

when your seeing things thru a camera lense

who can you call

dot busters

all invisible men

and it dont look good

who ya gonna call dot busters

etc etc etc.

wtf f0ok are te DOT doing now?? down next to the bus station? wtf :o

they appear to be laying a new small slab pavement - presumeably so all the learner drivers can admiire it whilst they wait for their instructors - no one else uses that pavement - the so called bus station gets worse each year but fixing that might give the wrong impression to electors that they actually matter.

• 3 weeks later...

probably still got their sales tickets on them and protective wrapping, this does not mean they are new, they could be up to 2 years old :P

• 2 weeks later...

I take it that the 'Department of Idle' have got fed-up with working on Richmond hill now and decided that its 'Summer breaktime' or has someone stolen the rest of their tools....................

'focal point' = 'bottleneck' at the bottom of Regent Street

or maybe turn the 'Town Square' into a new bus station ? :D

I don't like the comment in the paper about either cut the department spending or increase the road tax by 20%, haven't licences gone up by about 100% already this year ?

I suppose it's all we can expect from someone with the UK tax tax tax system ingrained in their thinking :(

and how much of the 'road tax' gets spent on the roads anyway, along with the 'road safety' surcharge which seems to have got merged into the rest of the pot !

and...

just wondering why all the one-way roads around Nobles Park don't even get a mention on the 'roadwatch' announcements, happened to be going the right way sunday when I was out that way, but it would have been nice to have known to plan my route had I been going another direction and suddenly met a blanket of 'no entry' signs

/rant

Excellent news (although I'd have been more convinced if I hadn't heard him refer to Broadway as 'Broad Street!')

I hope they are thinking of not just resurfacing, but making the horse trams a single track, improving the parking and getting people into town more easily - and using the traffic wardens down there for the road base. Prom could be improved no-end with lots more parking, longer parking times, and helping struggling Douglas retailers.

I hope they are thinking of not just resurfacing, but making the horse trams a single track, improving the parking and getting people into town more easily - and using the traffic wardens down there for the road base. Prom could be improved no-end with lots more parking, longer parking times, and helping struggling Douglas retailers.

Keep the horse trams and restrict parking to residents or half an hour up to Broadway. Also scrap this reverse parking as half the problems on the prom are people looking for a parking space. Either they just sit there partly causing an obstruction, or they sit there and just as soon as they a car leaving a parking space they take off without looking or indicating. Or you have those who drive and suddenly stop without indicating if they see a space. There is also the middle ground which is those that crawl along ready to speed up and then stop quickly all without quickly.

That ignores those doing U turns to grab a space.

Horse Trams by comparison are fair less irritating.

Bowring road (Ramsey) is going to be closed for the next 25 weeks heading north, just after the bridge - starting today. A one way system will be put in place using the promenade :(

I know... lets close the swing bridge at the same time to really cock up the traffic..... oh, they have

Archived