No Id

K.os Theory

Being asked for ID is the easy bit. You could have a rubber glove up your botty at the drop of a hat.

You're thinking of Mykonos. Ah yes, out with the KY and the snap of the marigolds. Happy days...

I'm going to get one of these while it's a lot cheaper than a new passport. Of course, outside the EU you're bollocksed!

Being asked for ID is the easy bit. You could have a rubber glove up your botty at the drop of a hat.

You're thinking of Mykonos. Ah yes, out with the KY and the snap of the marigolds. Happy days...

I'm going to get one of these while it's a lot cheaper than a new passport. Of course, outside the EU you're bollocksed!

Even cheaper

http://www.citizencard.com/

• 2 years later...

Flybe accepts expired passports(for Domestic flights only and it should not have expired for more than 2 years)

Mine was 2010 expiration. £77.50 for a passport with a 5 week turn around

I travelled to London to renew my passport last July. Used an expired passport after travel agent said you can use one if it's expired by less than 2 years (don't know what difference 2 or 3 or 5 years do). Had no problems whatsoever, though on the way back it was pointed out to me that my passport was expired.

Whilst you don't need ID for the boat, I think it would be pretty silly to travel without any. You never know what might happen that meant you needed to get a flight home at short notice.

I travelled on an expired driving licence more than once!

And I travelled via Ronaldsway over Christmas carrying (accidentally) a particulalry nasty looking corkscrew in the outside pocket of my hand baggage! This passed undetected through a total of three airports security systems BTW :blink:

The 'pat-downs' didn't do the biz about that one!

Lol. I have had similar.

In my case it was my keyring penknife. I forgot it was in my carry on bag. Attached to my keys.

But hey......... security had searched the palms of my hands..... my shoes and my belt.

Archived