Removals

grant

I need a removal company or van and mans to move the contents of a 1st floor 1 bedroom flat at Ramsey to a ground floor flat in Peel.

I've never used a Company on the Island for this before, I realise I may well be trawling the yellow pages tomorrow, but would much rather use someone that I have some feedback on.

If a MF member does such a thing, that would be good! The 4th or 5th of May would be my choice, but not set in stone.

Thank you people. PS, I love this weather. Tis great! :)

Edited to add, van and mans or womans, I don't want to be accused of being sexist! :ph34r:

We just moved house and for most stuff, we used Edward Bryan who we have used before and have always been absolutely excellent. They are quick, careful and friendly and I can't find a single thing to fault them with.

I think you might struggle getting a firm to move you at this short notice I have to say.

http://www.edwardbryanremovals.co.uk/

Last time I moved I used Callister Removals. They arrived at about 8am, had everything out and in the van by 10:30am. After I collected the key for the new house at midday, they had everything in by 2pm. No damage to anything.

Try Manxport they've moved me a few times and always been polite, efficient and cheap.

I did get a quote from Edward Bryan last time I moved, from a one bed flat to a one bed flat they wanted near £3,500, nearly feel off my chair laughing.

Thats fair enough scarbunny if one flat was in spain and the other here, lucky ans is a rich man.

Whoever grant uses, as you can get some right cheapo dodgy merchants passing themselves off as the realdeal, ask to see their public liability/insurances, the dodgy cheapo ones dont have it.

I could mention names but i wont.

Thats fair enough scarbunny if one flat was in spain and the other here, lucky ans is a rich man.

Whoever grant uses, as you can get some right cheapo dodgy merchants passing themselves off as the realdeal, ask to see their public liability/insurances, the dodgy cheapo ones dont have it.

True, it would be fair enough, shame it was from Douglas to Peel.

Also avoid the ones where the boss has tubes of superglue and sticks of furniture colour in his motor.

Why not hire a van for the weekend and get some mates to help you? :D

jo79, I work weekends and am carrying a shoulder injury. Can't risk not being able to ride my bike over summer. But, if you're offering?

Thanks Pat, I'll check out the cab of the wagon for superglue. :rolleyes:

I did get a quote from Edward Bryan last time I moved, from a one bed flat to a one bed flat they wanted near £3,500, nearly feel off my chair laughing.

That seems a bit odd. I used Edward Bryan to move - for a whole house full (and I have a lot of crap, including gym equipment) and also to take stuff into storage, and it cost me less than half the amount you have mentioned. I have used Edward Bryan to move in the past and would alway recommend them. They are very professional, friendly and take good care of everything.

Archived