Really. Where are you seeing that. My tracker on UPS has it in Preston as of this morning....

I'm seeing

Shipped to ISLE OF MAN, GB 24 May 2010

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 28 May 2010 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status Available for Final Delivery 27 May 2010

Historic Events

Out for Delivery 27 May 2010

Signed by

Today would be nice but tomorrow will be fine.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple fanboys do make me chuckle,

Same for you fandroids, why do you feel the need to post in an iPad thread about how great flash on the Android will be. Like trying to piss on chips do you?

Flash plays little part in my web experience, especially since I've blocked it. Your mileage may vary

I'm seeing

Shipped to ISLE OF MAN, GB 24 May 2010

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 28 May 2010 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status Available for Final Delivery 27 May 2010

Historic Events

Out for Delivery 27 May 2010

Signed by

Today would be nice but tomorrow will be fine.

Presumably that's from the Apple site? Tomorrow is fine, but Today would be fine too.

p.s. Flash is dying....

Apple fanboys do make me chuckle,

Same for you fandroids, why do you feel the need to post in an iPad thread about how great flash on the Android will be. Like trying to piss on chips do you?

Flash plays little part in my web experience, especially since I've blocked it. Your mileage may vary

Why do Apple Fanboys feel the need to start a thread to let everyone know that they have orderd an Ipad?

As for pissing on chips I think you will find that Mr Jobs is the one who tries to do that, I am not a Fandroid, I just want to access the full web, have choice and not be dictated too any device that delivers that will be good for me.

Why do Apple Fanboys feel the need to start a thread to let everyone know that they have orderd an Ipad?

Why do you feel upset by it?

As for pissing on chips I think you will find that Mr Jobs is the one who tries to do that, I am not a Fandroid, I just want to access the full web, have choice and not be dictated too any device that delivers that will be good for me.

You've already told us that, let it drop, it's boring

Android is going to be cool too. But aspects of it need to be worked out - especially battery management.

Flash isn't cool. It's a buggy and it's a resource hog which is not well suited to relatively low powered mobile processors which have to run cool without the need to dissipate huge amounts of heat - and without eating into the battery life. Android is Linux and the world of Linux has always mostly hated Flash for not being an open standard. Video does not need the additional overhead of needing to run under Flash.

dominant format for years to come.

No because the iPad is already a huge success and site owners want their content to work on it.

Equivalent specification Android devices are unlikely to be significantly less expensive than the iPad because the margins are already so low on low powered computers. None are available yet and I doubt there will be many ready in time for Christmas. Netbooks etc already don't make money at the price they are sold.

Choice is good and it's great that two Unix derivatives seem likely to be the dominant OSs moving ahead.

Why do you feel upset by it?

Why would I feel upset by it, just think it is a bit sad, hey look at me I'm buying an Ipad.

You've already told us that, let it drop, it's boring

Great defense!

Android is going to be cool too. But aspects of it need to be worked out - especially battery management.

Flash isn't cool. It's a buggy and it's a resource hog which is not well suited to relatively low powered mobile processors which have to run cool without the need to dissipate huge amounts of heat - and without eating into the battery life. Android is Linux and the world of Linux has always mostly hated Flash for not being an open standard. Video does not need the additional overhead of needing to run under Flash.

No because the iPad is already a huge success and site owners want their content to work on it.

Equivalent specification Android devices are unlikely to be significantly less expensive than the iPad because the margins are already so low on low powered computers. None are available yet and I doubt there will be many ready in time for Christmas. Netbooks etc already don't make money at the price they are sold.

Choice is good and it's great that two Unix derivatives seem likely to be the dominant OSs moving ahead.

Flash 10.1 is much more efficent and runs much faster, though it does not match Native apps, it is however is perfectly fine for casual gaming and video viewing.

It will be the dominant format for years, websites will serve video in flash as the default degrading to HTML 5 if Flash is unavailable, this makes perfect sense due to a lack of HTML 5 support. The BBC will never remake all interactive flash content like on CBBC, CBEEBIES, you simply can't do the same with HTML5 canvas.

If you look at how mobile browsers have developed compared with Mobile Standards, you will find that browers have ditched adherance to xHTML Mobile specs because they want to serve end-users the full web or as close to it as possible. The Ipad does not serve the full web and there are a whole host of devices just round the corner that will.

http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/9-upcoming-tablet-alternatives-to-the-apple-ipad/

Flash 10.1 is much more efficent and runs much faster

You mean it crashes more efficiently ?

In the opening keynote, Ryan Stewart, a Flash Platform evangelist at Adobe, demoed Flash Player 10.1 running on his Nexus One phone. When I realized he was going to show it, I got excited — I’ve been wanting to see how well Flash really works on a phone for years.

Here’s what happened: On his Mac, Ryan pulled up a site called Eco Zoo. It is, seemingly, a pretty intense example of Flash development — full of 3D rendering, rich interactions, and cute little characters. Then, he pulled up the same thing on his Nexus One. The site’s progress bar filled in and the 3D world appeared for a few seconds before the browser crashed. Ryan said (paraphrasing), “Whoops! Well, it’s beta, and this is an intense example — let’s try it again.” He tried it again and got the same result. So he said to the audience, “Well, this one isn’t going to work, but does anyone have a Flash site they’d like to see running?” Someone shouted out “Hulu.” Ryan said, “Hulu doesn’t work,” and then wrapped up his demo, telling people if they wanted to try more sites they could find him later and he’d let them play with his Nexus One.

Flash 10.1 is much more efficent and runs much faster

You mean it crashes more efficiently ?

In the opening keynote, Ryan Stewart, a Flash Platform evangelist at Adobe, demoed Flash Player 10.1 running on his Nexus One phone. When I realized he was going to show it, I got excited — I’ve been wanting to see how well Flash really works on a phone for years.

Here’s what happened: On his Mac, Ryan pulled up a site called Eco Zoo. It is, seemingly, a pretty intense example of Flash development — full of 3D rendering, rich interactions, and cute little characters. Then, he pulled up the same thing on his Nexus One. The site’s progress bar filled in and the 3D world appeared for a few seconds before the browser crashed. Ryan said (paraphrasing), “Whoops! Well, it’s beta, and this is an intense example — let’s try it again.” He tried it again and got the same result. So he said to the audience, “Well, this one isn’t going to work, but does anyone have a Flash site they’d like to see running?” Someone shouted out “Hulu.” Ryan said, “Hulu doesn’t work,” and then wrapped up his demo, telling people if they wanted to try more sites they could find him later and he’d let them play with his Nexus One.

It is still in Beta.

Archived