Interested to know are you viewing this thread on your ipad then?

No, I've opened the box but haven't unwrapped the iPad yet. Not even tried turning it on. As I said earlier in this thread, if it arrives this morning I'll take it home and activate it at lunchtime and then load some apps and movies on to it.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so come on you got them now, review please.

I'm expecting it to be like a big iPod touch, more usable because of the screen size and with better apps that take advantage of that size.

If I do my usual Friday after work pub / meal out / more pub I probably won't get a decent look until the weekend

Have you ordered a case for it OG ? Wondering which one ? The leather case I bought for my iPod seemed to take the shiny newness off the back of it after a while.

Also - screen protector ?

Have you ordered a case for it OG ? Wondering which one ? The leather case I bought for my iPod seemed to take the shiny newness off the back of it after a while.

Also - screen protector ?

No, I'd heard the Apple case wasn't too clever. I've seen one that looks like a Moleskine book, but I don't think that's available here yet.

No screen protector either, never had one on my iPod touch or iPhone and never had a scratched screen.

I'll see how it goes without a case for a while and then see what's available.

I also order the camera card kit, VGA adaptor and an O2 micro sim and have just realised that the last two didn't arrive despite being shipped. My boxes show 1 of 3 and 3 of 3 so it looks like one box has still to arrive.

I now await a full review from you two after a weekend of playing as I am seriously considering buying one in the next few weeks, btw which models have you got and do you consider it worth paying the extra for the 3G as I am seriously considering the 64gig 3G.

I was going to get the 32GB WiFi model but my wife insisted we get the 64GB WiFi / 3G model.

I was tripped up slightly during the install as it kept wanting me to insert the SIM card so it could check if there were any new settings from the provider. I eventually had to eject the iPad and start again, this time I managed to get past it and continue with the installation. I aborted the first sync as I've heard from others that it takes hours to copy everything over and just did a customised sync to get a few things over to try it out.

First impressions are very good.

I was going to get the 32GB WiFi model but my wife insisted we get the 64GB WiFi / 3G model.

I was tripped up slightly during the install as it kept wanting me to insert the SIM card so it could check if there were any new settings from the provider. I eventually had to eject the iPad and start again, this time I managed to get past it and continue with the installation. I aborted the first sync as I've heard from others that it takes hours to copy everything over and just did a customised sync to get a few things over to try it out.

First impressions are very good.

I now actualy really hate you for having this whilst I only considered it tongue.gif

I went with the 32Gb WiFi only model. I haven't got enormous amounts of content so should be more than sufficient. I was going to pony up for the 3G, but didn't think I would use it all that much outside of the house, plus the data charges locally are a joke. Plus you could always tether it to a phone.....

Think its a case of how you would use it and how much content you have...

Plus you could always tether it to a phone.....

Cheers thats what I was wondering if you could do this as I am cosidering getting an iPhone as my old PDA one is knackered and she who must be obeyed keeps hinting if I do she would like my iPod touch, I shall give Apple a ring and see if this is possible.

I went with the 32Gb WiFi only model.

That's the one that made sense to me.

I think the 3G models have the GPS built in so I'm curious to see one of the GPS nav apps working on the iPad next time we're away

My O2 card in the missing box turned up so I'll give that a go later.

ETA - WiFi also works fine at work. Also some of the iPhone apps are a lot better on the bigger screen.

Archived