• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

j2bad: You may notice that this thread is about the iPad, people who buy it do so because they like it and it is rather childish to do the "my bike is better than your bike" attitude just because you do not like it, people have freedom oc choice and you should respect that rather that try to slag peoples selection down.

j2bad: You may notice that this thread is about the iPad, people who buy it do so because they like it and it is rather childish to do the "my bike is better than your bike" attitude just because you do not like it, people have freedom oc choice and you should respect that rather that try to slag peoples selection down.

I am talking about freedom of choce not my device is better than yours. Apple have restricted choice by disabling flash a choice that will stop me and many others buying it, if it had flash I would consider it. Personally I will wait until flash enabled slates / tablets come out whether they are apple, android or other.

I don't know what the issues with battery life are, my droid (desire) pisses over the 3gs i had for similar usage - had to charge the 3gs every night whereas the desire can last 2-3 days easily (both devices pushing 1 mail account & checking another hourly)

Your droid doesn't have flash tho....I believe that was the point made - that Flash is a resource hog.

The known battery issues with some android are not attributable to flash, after all it has only just been in public beta for the past week.

And yes flash does use more power and resource but not as much as Apple try to make out. On the Android you can set Flash to only be enabled on defined websites which gives the best of both worlds allowing the full web when you need it, when you access youtube you can playback video either in the browser using flash or using the You Tube App (Native) its all about choice, something apple don't want you to have.

Edited to stop lowering my self to the Apple Fanboy level

You're already as deep - it's you that came in stomping all over an Apple thread and doing the playground name-calling here. There's little much to motivate that sort of behaviour except supressed feelings of envy. Yes, you're envious, clearly. You're publicly spouting the supposed Flash shortcomings of the iPad so you can somehow make yourself feel better. You think if you say it often enough the green-eyed monster will go away.

Edited to stop lowering my self to the Apple Fanboy level

You're already as deep - it's you that came in stomping all over an Apple thread and doing the playground name-calling here. There's little much to motivate that sort of behaviour except supressed feelings of envy. Yes, you're envious, clearly. You're publicly spouting the supposed Flash shortcomings of the iPad so you can somehow make yourself feel better. You think if you say it often enough the jealousy will go away.

No not jealous, I buy technology to do a job not to show off. I responded to the dismissal of flash earlier in the thread as if that was not a big deal, when in fact it is the biggest issue with the Ipad.

Yes Flash has shortcomings but it is the basis of a large part of todays web and is not going away in a hurry, I would be interested in an Ipad if it could view the full web but it does not, so that is that.

Is flash really the be all and and all of mobile computing? I have just gone through all things I can think off that I would want to do with an iPad (still undecided if I want one) and cannot think of anything that requires flash, in effect all it is is a bloody big iPod touch and that is how I would use it plus a little more stuff and I am happy with all my touch does. I think the one thing that may get me to decide on buying one is to spite all those who try to put it down out of ignorance, my choice and in my view it would do ALL that I require it to, end of story. To those who are getting one tomorrow please let us know how it is.

So why don't I have the freedom to choose an iPad and talk with theycallmesteve about delivery without you fagging up the thread?

On that point - Spoke to a very nice fellow at M.I.C. - they should be on the overnight boat and out in the van tomorrow. Give them a call early doors if your keen to go and collect...

Archived