Schools Out Friday And Then Waht To Do!

thelegend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game to see who can get served to cigarettes or alcohol in the most shops.

Rules:-

They must get a receipt of proof of purchase.

10 points for a pack of cigarettes

15 points for a can of cider

20 points for a bottle of whiskey

50 points if they get all three from the same shop.

-30 points if shandy or pipe tobbaco is on the receipt.

The winner gets to black mail all the offending shops.

A game to see who can get served to cigarettes or alcohol in the most shops.

Rules:-

They must get a receipt of proof of purchase.

10 points for a pack of cigarettes

15 points for a can of cider

20 points for a bottle of whiskey

50 points if they get all three from the same shop.

-30 points if shandy or pipe tobbaco is on the receipt.

The winner gets to black mail all the offending shops.

And if they try and cheat by stealing from the shops .report them to the police that will fill in a few days, Police station ,lawyers,magistrates court ,general gaol, prison ,appeal court, lawyers again, probation visits, social workers, radio interviews , that should get you thru the hols :P:P

One thing that always seems to be the response for this topic...museums and hertiage sites.

What about next year, and the year after that and the year after that (and so on).

How many times can you take your kids to the same museum? Guess what the Manx Transport Museum hasnt developed a Concorde or the Space Shuttle since last year.

Is there anything to do for kids that doesnt involved drudging around the same muesem year after year?

Is there anything to do for kids that doesnt involved drudging around the same muesem year after year?

Yes, it's called 'the great outdoors'. Excellent beaches and (in part) coastal footpaths. Walks all over the hills.

Yes, it's called 'the great outdoors'. Excellent beaches and (in part) coastal footpaths. Walks all over the hills.

Again a tried and tested response. Barring the report about the poor beaches here, okay beaches and walking. Thats a sure fire way to keep children entertained for 6 weeks.

Doing exactly the things you like for 6 weeks, and having the drag the kids along isn't exactly imaginitive.

Doing exactly the things you like for 6 weeks, and having the drag the kids along isn't exactly imaginitive.

Worked well for me. You haven't actually said how old your children are, it would help :cool:

I was able to entertain myself after the age of 12; we were allowed out on our own in the 'good old days'.

It's kids we're talking about, not pensioners.

I'm not suggesting euthanasia, rather just enjoying the natural attractions the Island has to offer.

Oddly enough I never remember hearing the mantra 'there's nothing to do' when I was young.

Worked well for me. You haven't actually said how old your children are, it would help :cool:

I was able to entertain myself after the age of 12; we were allowed out on our own in the 'good old days'.

I dont have children, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that mueseums and hill walking are dull for kids.

I dont have children, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that mueseums and hill walking are dull for kids.

Depends on the kids - I loved going for long walks with a fine German Shepherd as did / do many other children. I maintain it's all down to the parents, maybe just too lazy these days?

As for the museum - didn't go too often as it was in Douglas and I'm from Ramsey.

Archived