Schools Out Friday And Then Waht To Do!

thelegend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take them to visit the Home of Rest for Old Horses... you should be able to get a parking space.

Alternatively; take them to the ice rink at the Villa then, when they've got broken legs, they won't have to go anywhere.

with school finishing friday can we all list the things to do on the island during the summer with the kids!

So what did I do living near Ramsey in the good old days before Health & Safety:

• Ramsey beaches
  • Walking from Glen Auldyn to Sulby with neighbour's dog to visit mate then back again
  • Visiting Jurby Junk (in those days was at Ramsey train station)
  • Dog walking
  • Fishing
  • CCF courses 'across'
  • Riding around north of Island on bike
  • Riding round norh of Island on scooter (aged 14, not very legal)

Never got arrested

They finish Friday! yay!

Right, this what you do.

You collect them all together.

Split them into groups of 30.

Send each group round to various houses where one person looks after them between the hours of 8:40 and 3:30. all the time, never being allowed to leave them alone for any period of time. If the adult needs a pee they have to time their bladder to fit in with the 10 mins they get to each lunch.

During that time that person has to be mother, father, doctor, policeman, social worker, nurse, diplomat, PA, cook, dresser, minder, coach, entertainer and peace keeper to those 30 kids.

By the end of the first week all the people get together and in unison say, 'fuck me - I would never be a teacher' before falling over asleep into the dinner they have just tried to cook.

When you wake up discover out of the 52 weeks in a year people really do do that for 38+ of them.

6 weeks - you get it light.

Split them into groups of 30.

30 - you have it easy. My mother had 49 in her class just after WWII. By comparison teaching at Ballaugh was a breeze.

Archived