Schools Out Friday And Then Waht To Do!

thelegend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couple of suggestions which I apologise if I have missed in previous posts but:

1) get a job, I had one from 13 and certainly kept me busy in the mornings and gave me extra spending money for the holidays.

2) go out and play, there are crap load of structured activities available to kids now that weren't available 15-20 years ago but we made do. we were kids so we played.

Climbing walls, Onchan Scout hall has one, Civil Defence too I think.

http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=46596

Looks like the opening of school grounds was a bad idea.

Right, because you're average scum-bag vandal will take notice of the school grounds being closed..

Had my tribe on their bikes around Mooragh today after a ride there through the curragh lanes. Ramsey's very bike friendly, bike racks, low speed limits, a bmx track, was brilliant and the place was rewarded by being packed with kids on bikes. Covered bike racks outside the new swimming pool too. Whole area puts Douglas to shame, it's very impressive. Well done Ramsey.

They finish Friday! yay!

Right, this what you do.

You collect them all together.

Split them into groups of 30.

Send each group round to various houses where one person looks after them between the hours of 8:40 and 3:30. all the time, never being allowed to leave them alone for any period of time. If the adult needs a pee they have to time their bladder to fit in with the 10 mins they get to each lunch.

During that time that person has to be mother, father, doctor, policeman, social worker, nurse, diplomat, PA, cook, dresser, minder, coach, entertainer and peace keeper to those 30 kids.

By the end of the first week all the people get together and in unison say, 'fuck me - I would never be a teacher' before falling over asleep into the dinner they have just tried to cook.

When you wake up discover out of the 52 weeks in a year people really do do that for 38+ of them.

6 weeks - you get it light.

hahahaha NICE :) i totaly agree. 6 weeks can be crazy and the " i'm boreeeed" can get you down, but i love my 6 weeks with them, sorry i am just NUTS like that :)

Went to Tynwald Mills the other day and they were advertising the following:

Tuesdays (August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th) Free circus workshops 2-4pm. Learn how to juggle, plate spin, walk the tightrope and balloon modelling.

Wednesdays (August 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th) Teddy bears picnic 2.30 - 4.30 £4 per child, with punch & judy show, a giant 'real' teddy and best dressed teddy competition (491608 for tickets)

Fridays (August 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th) Kids reading club

Ages 5-8 10am - 11am, ages 8-11 11am - 12noon.

Hope they don't mind me typing out their leaflet. :)

I would think demand. Is there a film you know loads of people are dying to see, but they can't?

Naked killer mutant zombie warriors ate the Chief Minister (in 3D)?

Took the children for a nice day out today - this morning we went to the Grove Museum in Ramsey (used the ACE cards so it was not expensive), followed by a nice lunch at

Miltown and a wander round the gardens. If you visit the Grove be aware that the cafe there does not accept debit or credit cards which is a shame but it's only a small place so fair enough.

Some events from the Manx Wildlife Trust if anyone is interested :)

Take a closer look at nature this summer with the Manx Wildlife Trust

Rockpooling

Monday 2nd August 10am, Scarlett Visitor Centre

Rockpooling

Saturday 7th August 3pm, Port Erin (meet near the Cosy Nook Café)

Lizards & Lichens Walk

Wednesday 11th August 10am, The Ayres Visitor Centre

Rockpooling

Sunday 15th August 9.45am, Port Lewaigue, Ramsey

Rockpooling

Tuesday 17th August 11am, Scarlett Visitor Centre

Pond Dipping Delights

Wednesday 18th August 10am, Ballannette Nature Reserve, Lonan Old Church Road, Baldrine

All children must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear suitable clothing & footwear.

All activities are free, but donations are truly appreciated.

For further information contact Kath Smith on 801985

Is it that there is no demand or not enough choice?

I would think demand. Is there a film you know loads of people are dying to see, but they can't?

Ta for that too Sarac!

UK Top Ten Cinema listings:

3D Toy Story 3

Inception

Karate Kid

3D Shrek Forever After

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

The Rebound

Gainsbourg

Predators

Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Khatta Meetha

How many of these will be shown? (ok barring the films with an obvious Asian story/plot/genre).

How long do we expect the Expendables to be shown here? Will it be shown here?

Archived