Minecraft

K.os Theory

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played for a bit but ultimately failed to see the point. It's just a 3D lego simulator.

I gave it a good shot though, I had other friends raving about it so I did try to "get it".

That said, I really think it should be looked as as a model for how mapping tools should be created for FPS games. I used to spend weeks of my life mapping for Quake1 and Half Life and having that sort of dynamic world construction kit would have been awesome.

I've been playing it for a couple of months now, only on single player though, I haven't ventured into multiplayer yet. Its a good little time-waster but some people playing it go totally overboard creating huge structures like the USS Enterprise or the World Trade Centre, and I believe one guy even built a working 8-bit computer, but I cant get my head around redstone wiring to understand it.

I played for a bit but ultimately failed to see the point. It's just a 3D lego simulator.

I have bad news, if you don't find the idea of a big 3D lego simulator exciting your inner child has died. Sorry.

Used to run a server but took it down because notch seems to enjoy breaking the server software every week. Might put one up again when it's more stable.

• 2 years later...

Finger on pulse.......my son has been going on and on and on and on about this game so we got it at Christmas, way ace. Thanks for turn off monsters info K.os they gang up on me and then I lose all my stuff and it's off with the stupid fucking broken pile of shit machine. I have not been doing very well on single player so I wouldn't venture into the world world. Good game though.

My friends and I play it regularly, i host a server at home which we all use. If you would like to play with us you're welcome to, i can PM you the IP

As far as mods, i use LB Photo Realism which looks really good

Why anyone would turn the monsters off baffles me! Isnt the whole point of it that you can lose everything by a rogue skeleton arrow or sneaky creeper

Ace game.

@Helix - my server is rock solid, as soon as an update comes out i stick it on, no problems so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived