Minecraft

K.os Theory

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmmm ok, now here is where I confess to having no idea...well, I kind of get it but I don't fully understand. Mods.....what? Are they like WoW mods, like game enhancers? The boy is going on and on and on about them, me? I'm happy building the worlds longest train track c/w stations, lava traps and water features.....but I'm just gay mum, the boy needs to be able to fly his plane and stuff, mostly when I look for this I get some mentalist 30something American, showing his more awesomer mod off, I am guessing these older people code their mods...but whatever, can anyone recommend a URL for simple mods that work? Cheeeeeeese

Slim....you'll be sorry you ever mentioned it...so, this raspberry thing, what kind of stuff can you use it for?

Mmmmm ok, now here is where I confess to having no idea...well, I kind of get it but I don't fully understand. Mods.....what? Are they like WoW mods, like game enhancers?

Yeah, bit like wow mods, but you can have client (whats running on your pc) and server (what's running on the remote host) mods for minecraft. They can be a bit clunky as there's no standard for them, and when minecraft patches it tends to break them etc.

Slim....you'll be sorry you ever mentioned it...so, this raspberry thing, what kind of stuff can you use it for?

It's just a cheap little linux pc for faffing around on. http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The Ordinance survey have created a Minecraft Great Britain. Link

The link says:

We don't include ... the Isle of Man because ... [it is] mapped by other organisations.

So will we be seeing an IOM minecraft world in the near future?

Have to be honest, I hope not, unless it is an entirely volunteer or privately financed initiative, but who owns the mapping rights on the Island, if not the Ordinance Survey.

Is there a Manx equivalent or similar?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived