Buying From Argos

manxland

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy in Sheffield who does delivery, including washing machine, for £100, as long as you don't ask too many questions.

I asked him a question once, and he hit me, so I haven't bothered asking him anything else since then.

Tough city that Sheffield.

apparently everything in the catalogue.

Not that I approve, loss of small independants can only result and Tesco can organise the proverbial in a brewery, so I don't hold out much hope with large items and collecting.

• 6 months later...

I tried to buy a push motor mower and was quoted £60 extra for delivering "offshore". The company use TNT.

How can a box that size be £60 but a car with two passengers on the SPC be £65.50???

Makes the SPC seem like a bargain.

I am still left with the problem that buying a mower here that is not as good, will still cost me a lot more.

Can someone start a list of companies that are friendly to the Island? One such is Amazon. The last item I bought from them was a freezer which they delivered to my door free in 4 days. MEA (Ramsey)wanted £30 more for the same freezer but what made me walk out of their door was that they wanted £20 on top to deliver it 2 miles and when I offered to take it in the boot of my car if they would give me a hand, said their staff were "not insured to help customers lift goods". And my MHK tells me that MEA Retail is running at a loss! I am at a loss for words!!

Archived